Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce you were right, thanks for calling my attention to the needed closet bracket. I painted another 1x4 and put it up today.

454324DF-A168-4893-991D-443E3B19BC31.jpeg

. I went to sons house yesterday and got most of my hang up clothes. Still need to get coats. I’ll have to put up another pole in another closet for long clothing like dresses and long coats.

384F1B8D-A7FF-4121-882B-97EDA3C1F05F.jpeg

It’s getting down to the wire, I really want to get shelf tower built, almost ready to start sawing boards!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wear mostly faded blue jeans, a ratty t-shirt, farm shoes and look like I washed up on a beach and nobody claimed the body.

I have some nice clothes, just don’t wear them much. My last job was parts and inventory at a garbage company. I got rid of 5 garbage bags of high heels. I packed up dressy work clothes and donated bags of clothes. Done. No more high heels. Done. No more meet the public dressy cloths. Done. My normal make up is sweat and dirt.

Sheep and dogs don’t care. I look just fine to them with a feed bucket.

I can dress nice and I do once in awhile. Just not much reason to. If I go to town, I put on better blue jeans and t-shirt that haven’t gotten ripped, stained, paint, and frayed.

In preparation for knee surgery I’ve bought loose sweat pants. Now I can look even more tacky. LOL

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eh, stains and rips are fine (depending on WHERE the rips and stains are located), but STENCH! Try to pick the less stinky clothes for going into town for a sit down meeting.

Stench is OK in the grocery store.... but when you are sitting shoulder to shoulder with someone for a spell... nice to be un-stinky.

;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
X 3 on the fashion designer... better, not ripped or stained, blue jeans and a nicer shirt for "public" things. I do go to a fair number of meetings/cattle stuff... so even though we are mostly all cattle people, we all try to dress a little nicer and neater because this is our "esteemed social life"... I try to not look like too much of a ragamuffin for work because I am in a barn in a "professional" capacity... and I do try to do errands on the way to, or the way home... and since I am in and out of peoples barns, you don't want to take diseases back and forth so try to always have cleaner clothes and footwear/boots... barn clothes, but clean ones....
I don't wear t-shirts until it gets cooler because they make me sweat... too close around the neck... so I wear snap shirts mostly.. til it gets colder and then t-shirts and an overshirt... but for work they have to have pockets for my note pad and stuff when writing down cow numbers and milk weights....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Closet looks great to my eye now Bay!

What amazes me .... is how many clothes I own... and how few of them I wear....

:lol: :ep
Ain't that the truth!! I donated a LOT of dress work shirts when we moved here having been laid off and retired 2 years earlier. I still have a number of them that maybe get worn once a year if that. Weekly trip to the grocery store, weekly trip to the Farmer's market (through October), weekly trip to visit the in-laws. Monthly lunch with coworkers who retired before I did, some WELL before. Yeah at 66 I'm the pup. Twice a year trip to the optometrist and dentist.

OK, you've seen (read!) the bulk of my "off farm" life. Not a lot of need for fancy clothes.

Last edited: