Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We’ll blow me down. Dessa, the barren concubine ewe, just stood for Cooper. He’s bred her 4 times! But will there be lambs? We’ll know in approximately 145 days. I just HAD to count that up, February 15,2023. I’ll believe it when I see the lambs. Way to go Cooper!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was saving herself for her ONE TRUE LOVE !:gig
:celebrate:ep:fl:fl
Actually have seen and heard of this on occasion.... a cow that will not get bred by a bull and then stands when the bulls are changed out...smell, hormones, trigger the females heat response
BJ gave her the "talking to"......

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just got a call back from NRCS office in Crockett!!!! WHOOP! He knows nothing about sheep, wants to bring a guy from Palestine who does. Will try to set appointment in mid to late October.

Cooper is breeding Dessa again. 5,6, 7, that boy is a baby making machine! 9, 10, 11…. Still going-like the EverresdyBunny! I think he’s up to 16 now. At this rate, she ought to have a litter of half dozen!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG!!!! I just looked out the window to see the two young lovers casually strolling down the driveway! It's a chain link gate and they popped it open. I hollered SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP! This brought the ewes running from the pasture, Cooper and Dessa turned around and Cooper went across the driveway, checking out the HOTTIES!. I ran to get a feed can and I don't run too good these days. I shook the can. Got Dessa's attention and she came running. I poured feed in the pan and Cooper came too.

DISASTER AVERTED!!

I've tied the gate shut, the stinker is back at the gate pushing on it.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG!!!! I just looked out the window to see the two young lovers casually strolling down the driveway! It's a chain link gate and they popped it open. I hollered SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP! This brought the ewes running from the pasture, Cooper and Dessa turned around and Cooper went across the driveway, checking out the HOTTIES!. I ran to get a feed can and I don't run too good these days. I shook the can. Got Dessa's attention and she came running. I poured feed in the pan and Cooper came too.

DISASTER AVERTED!!

I've tied the gate shut, the stinker is back at the gate pushing on it.
Phew! Close call. Hmmm - thinking a feed can in the house may be a good idea for those "special moments" ;)

Latest posts