Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m up this morning, got coffee. @Ridgetop ’s DH is picking her up today. Words cannot express what her presence here has meant to me. I was scared, alone, and not knowing what I was going to do. Missing my BJ so terribly, feeling the loss intensified. He was going to take care of me, that was our plans. It is a bad feeling to be facing a major surgery like this, all alone. She has been there for me, stuffing food down my throat until I felt like a Christmas turkey. LOL Her being here has given me the confidence of knowing that “I can do this.” I’m not scared. I may be by myself but I am not alone. How blessed I am to have such a dear friend who would set aside the things she came to get done for her and her husband’s place, to help me. I am grateful.

My son is coming in today. He is leaving out Monday on another job. It’s a good paying job, like it was before Covid. He really can’t afford to let this one go by. Go get the money son! LOL! He is concerned about me, but I’m going to be ok.

I have the first PT appointment on Monday, Chris is going to take me. I truly believe that I’ll be able to drive myself after that. I’m not taking the pain pills, so no dopey foggy brain, at least not caused by drugs. LOL Chris will take care of sheep and dogs all month. I’ll ease into things, a little at a time, and I’ll be careful.

Recovery will take time but I will do this. I’ve gotten so much encouragement from my friends here, thanks to all of you. Y’all have no idea how that has lifted me up.

Many hugs to @Ridgetop for dropping the things she had to do and being here for me. Kind, generous and loving, what did I do to deserve such a friendship? What a precious gift of love.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm up, on second cup of coffee, had a shower, dressed, ate a bowl of cereal and took pills.

Dogs are excited, Chris just turned in the driveway! Had to let Carson out, it's the high point of his day. Anatolians are bouncing around, they know they will be let out on the pasture. Sheep are getting fed, Chris is a popular guy around here. LOL

he will be back to take me to my first PT appointment. Son left at 4AM for Houston, to go get hired in, job will start in about 10 days. The dogs barked a lot, then the most mournful howling, when son left this morning. They grieve when we leave, we just aren't there to hear/see it.