Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ringo’s first registered baby. Sex still to be determined.

1979AD40-423C-4E91-92CB-E84507C354A2.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s a girl! Number One held that baby all day. It stormed, it rained sideways, every way but up. She waited for it to be over. She stood there looking peaked, I felt sorry for her. I pushed her into a shelter and got a lawn chair. I stayed until way after dark to make sure the lamb got her milk.

Houston got hammered. They never have tornadoes, but they got them today. Power is out, over 100,000 homes. It’s a mess. News just showed a couple with boxes of pizza, walking a hard hit neighborhood, giving pizza away.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A nice, healthy, and looks like good sized, lamb that gets up and nurses is nothing to sneeze at, even though you were hoping for possible twins. Okay, so she has singles.... better singles and raised up and weaned than nothing... and there is nothing that says this lamb can't have twins down the road even if the mother had a single. And considering the moving and all, a live single is better than twins with problems.... She's not mine but I am tickled for a nice healthy single.

Ringo still has what it takes.....do what we do and keep using him, if on a smaller number, as long as he has interest and ability to do so.... Like our bulls, he didn't get old because he was no good....

HURRAH for a registerable new lamb.... you are on your way....
So glad she waited for the worst of the weather to move out....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to run outside with a flashlight. The little stinker had popped through the cow panel and was in Ringo’s pen. Number One was Baa Baaing in a low gutteral sound., that alerted me. Don’t know how long she was away from Mom, but both were happy to be reunited. I almost never have lambs that go through the cow panels. I don’t know whether to call her stupid or smart. LOL

@Mike CHS she is a big girl! She is a good addition to the flock and hopefully will put some size in the flock.

@farmerjan thank you for the encouraging words. Number One is a fine ewe and I’m also tickled to have a nice healthy single. Although I wanted a ram, I’m kinda glad it’s a ewe. Number One doesn’t “fit in” and is usually near the flock, but not with the flock. Maybe now she will have a friend.

My first registerable lamb!

Latest posts