Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Daylight savings time messed me up this morning, I didn’t adjust my clock. I didn’t make it to 9:30 class, but I made it to 10:30 church. Then I went home. Started laundry, changed sheets on my bed, started a roast in the crock pot. Well, sorta a roast. For whatever reason, it was sliced. So I grated a lot of garlic and layered it between the slices. A splash of soy sauce , a little water and a carton of fresh whole mushrooms. I can get some meat out, add vegetables and have a good supper this week.

Hunger now! I cooked 2 pork chops and cheesey baked Brussels sprouts. Those turned out delicious. I have a pork chop and a couple of helpings of Brussels sprouts left over.

I tried a Keto bread recipe. It’s ok, mine isn’t as lofty as pictured, but it’s ok. I think next time I’ll make the hamburger buns or the breakfast biscuits. I’ve made them before and they are good.

Was talking to @farmerjan and she asked for the cheesy Brussels sprouts, so here it is. Haven’t tried the other recipe yet.

AD7ADE6B-D1CC-4412-B01A-3686BFEE07B5.jpeg

Here’s my roast and mushrooms, and bread.

413A6449-E0CA-4351-9D01-967EC37617A8.jpeg

I’ve been so tired this past week that I’ve settled for a bowl of cereal. Not this week!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Years ago, I traveled pretty much non-stop to military bases all around the world so I was catching flights at some strange times. I also lived in an area that had power outages quite often so I splurged on a clock that had battery backup as well as an auto reset via satellite that adjusted for the time changes.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I've been following 2 keto groups on facebook that have some REALLY great recipies.
Kristie Sullivan has a couple of different groups & several cookbooks - her bread recipies ROCK!
Eat Like A Bear is low carb & intermittent fasting. She has several really tasty 'one dish' meals that I often break up into 2 or 3.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Margali: Where did you get your 20' Connex container? DH wants to price them and see if it would be better to buy one in Texas and have it delivered instead of trying to bring one of ours back. The benefit is that we would not have to pour a slab like we would to put up a metal building. Getting ventilation into it without allowing bug access will be tricky, but doable.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Margali: Where did you get your 20' Connex container? DH wants to price them and see if it would be better to buy one in Texas and have it delivered instead of trying to bring one of ours back. The benefit is that we would not have to pour a slab like we would to put up a metal building. Getting ventilation into it without allowing bug access will be tricky, but doable.
Joey Jordan on FB marketplace was best price for me $3200 for 40ft and $2,000 for 20ft. Those are the ballpark prices I'm seeing. The big variable is delivery charge. I set mine on a pair of recycled railroad ties purchased at McCoys. A pair of 8ton bottle jacks is enough to lift a 20ft empty to shim and level.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s pouring down rain. Front yard and sheep lots are lakes. I saw it coming and fed early. There were lightening strikes fairly close by. It’s starting to slack up and is supposed to clear out. But another wave, a bigger storm, will come in around 11 tonight. I just hope the power doesn’t go out, I got 50 baby chicks this morning.

0B55D0F4-2DB3-446B-9D62-50F76D7EB62E.jpeg

I got 2 tubs. I put a screen over the tub and a heavy towel to help hold in the heat. Don’t need power going out!

63F9EE32-0D5C-41E7-9216-A69BE62DB4A4.jpeg

Latest posts