Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Power stayed on, the storm went just north of me. I’m sure glad or I could have added getting rained on to my armadillo invasion.

Baby chicks are all fine this morning. It was hot at 11:00 last night, they were all moved away from the light, so I turned a corner back on the towels for air. This morning it was cold and they were clumped up under the lights. So I closed the towels back over them.

I have one chicken tractor frame made, it’s at son’s house. I need to hitch up the trailer and go get it. I have all the pieces for another one, I got to get it put together! Then put wire and tin on it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well ONE can hold them for a week, until other gets put together -- there's that 😁. So, not so terribly " unprepared" 👍
That one just needs hardware cloth and tin. It’s PVC frames, the other one is still in pieces, but I got glue a couple days ago, so there’s that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Storm blew down a huge oak tree last night, blocking our road. A neighbor called to tell me about it. Another neighbor came by to check on me. It ought to be cleaned up by now. I need to get to TSC and get a heat lamp, only have one. I was robbing light fixtures yesterday and got two 75 watt light bulbs, they worked, but it dropping in the 30’s and I need another heat lamp. Much as I hate to, guess I’ll put on go to town clothes and go to town.

Latest posts