Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I moved Cooper and his 8 girls across the driveway yesterday evening. I put Sheba and Buford up for the night. Buford excitedly licked Cooper’s face and Cooper butted him. Buford ran under the Dog Tower. The ewes stuck their heads under the tower, sniffing Buford, this scared him some more, and I got him to climb up on the tower platform. Safe! Sheba got butted. Ringo never butted her and she was confused, but figured it out fast. MOVE!

I grabbed Cooper under the chin and slapped his face. No! My dog! No!

This morning as day is dawning, Sheba is on the tower, Buford’s tail is wagging as he circulates in the flock. He sniffed Cooper, then laid down. They will figure this out.

Eve is due April 7, Lucy is due April 16, both are HUGE. When Eve lays down, her breathing sounds hard. She’s heaving for every breath. Did I over feed her and she is fat? Big lambs? Or is Eve going to have triplets? Lucy isn’t breathing hard, but she is big.

Dessa is still being Dessa.

The 3 ewes I had with Ringo may be due in April. He bred one of them every 3 weeks, another a couple of times and one only once. Shooting blanks? Dunno. Are they really pregnant? Dunno.

These are the 3 registered ewes that I never got papers on. 8 months later I finally got a text admitting that she never registered them. Then she no longer responded to my efforts to contact her. On a Texas Katahdin Facebook group, @Margali alerted me to a post. Same woman sold a registered ram and the poster couldn’t get papers on him. This awful woman wouldn’t respond to repeated requests for the registration papers. Boy, did I ever unload on that awful woman. I called her out by name, called her a liar and a thief and every thing else I could think of, that wouldn’t get me thrown in Facebook jail. LOL I lambasted her.

A few weeks later, Awful Woman texted me asking for ear tag numbers and my address. A couple weeks after that I received another text saying that she had just completed registration online and I should be receiving papers soon.

So maybe, just maybe, I’ll get registration papers, and maybe, just maybe, they are pregnant and maybe, just maybe, I’ll wind up with registered offspring from my beloved Ringo. Maybe.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y’all will never guess what showed up. Registration papers for the 3 ewes I bought last May 18, 2022. Took almost a year. Maybe that Awful Woman learned something from this experience. Probably not.

Now I have 5 registered ewes, plus Aerial, Ringo’s lamb, so that makes 6. Buying 2 ewe lambs at end of April, that will make 8. A good start for a registered flock.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y’all will never guess what showed up. Registration papers for the 3 ewes I bought last May 18, 2022. Took almost a year. Maybe that Awful Woman learned something from this experience. Probably not.

Now I have 5 registered ewes, plus Aerial, Ringo’s lamb, so that makes 6. Buying 2 ewe lambs at end of April, that will make 8. A good start for a registered flock.

I’ve been waiting for 31 months on registration papers for a Shetland ram I bought. I had to get the secretary of the breed association involved. It’s been a month since she said she’d work on getting it fixed.

I currently have 4 daughters, 2 granddaughters, and 2 grandsons of that ram that are all unregistered.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for 31 months on registration papers for a Shetland ram I bought. I had to get the secretary of the breed association involved. It’s been a month since she said she’d work on getting it fixed.

I currently have 4 daughters, 2 granddaughters, and 2 grandsons of that ram that are all unregistered.

That is terrible. Whoever you bought that ram from should be suspended until she gets the ram registered.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is burn pile day. I gave 2 big piles to burn. Low winds for the next 3 days, normally it is too windy. I’m a weirdo about fire and I’ll babysit the fires. Bennett came over yesterday with his much bigger than mine, tractor and made 2 piles for me. Lots of little stuff that I need to pick up. I’ll drag in this evening smoky, dirty and tired. I thank God for my good health and ability to work hard, doing the things I love to do.

Latest posts