Baymule’s Journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
HA -
I was doing that as we were grazing before the last two bouts of rain came through. Scrape and Silver seemed to enjoy the pluck and walk, pluck and snack. And .... I saved a few small bags for a friend who wants to mess around with the wool and wool/hair.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just what DO you guys do with this wool? If anything. With the mini horses, the huge amounts of winter hair looked like the piles y'all get from sheep. I raked and tossed. Anyone "use" it???

It’s really not useful for anything. It just kinda disappears. Dumb dog Carson was eating it yesterday, I was thinking intestinal impaction. Nope, it was scours shooting out like a gunshot. Stupid dog.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just what DO you guys do with this wool? If anything. With the mini horses, the huge amounts of winter hair looked like the piles y'all get from sheep. I raked and tossed. Anyone "use" it???
Same here with the piles of mini-horse hair. I guess Mother Nature knows all about timing, lol. The piles that come off my horses is quite often picked up by birds. Must make some nice cozy nests for the little ones!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice pics everyone. I have a Komondor/Pyr. His coat cords in places and mats right to the skin in a couple of spots. Snip, snip comb. Any suggestions about clippers?
Isn't the Komondor coat supposed to be corded?? Or does that cause problems?? No idea - I've only seen them at dog shows.