Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to the zoo this afternoon. The train was running! Whoop! We rode the train! I was more than excited than they were. LOL

IMG_4356.jpeg

Peafowl run free all over the zoo. Peacocks were displaying for the hens, they were beautiful.

IMG_4363.jpeg

When we came out, the girls wanted to ride the train again, so we did. At $2 each, that’s a bargain!

IMG_4367.jpeg

My son is leaving Friday at 2 AM for a 2 year job in south Louisiana. He has th get his camper dropped, then go hire in at 2 PM, go back Saturday for orientation and go to work Monday morning.
So what is he doing right now? He’s mowing the sheep pasture and will finish mowing the front pasture, tomorrow if necessary. I love my son. ❤️❤️❤️

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are different kinds of locust... I know that we used alot of cedar up north and one kind lasted forever and another kind would rot..... I think it is black locust that lasts a long time...

There was also a tree up north that my father called an ironwood tree... it was hard as a rock and when we were fencing, we could not nail into it to attach the barbed wire... but it did not make straight posts I don't think.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW, 2 yrs. I am sure he will get a little off time, but that is a long time. Is he glad to be able to be that settled in one place ? How long a drive from you, like without towing a trailer?
He’s taking the security of a long term job instead of bouncing around. He hasn’t forgotten the long stretch of Covid and no jobs. The economy is not so great, and he’s keeping an eye on that too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbor Chase came over yesterday morning to cut up the big pine he dropped weeks ago. There was a newborn fawn nestled in the top, it ran away into the forest. He cut up the tree, loaded branches and logs on his trailer and I helped unload it.

Sheep and dogs stayed locked up all day yesterday due to Chase coming and going with loads to build a burn pile. Then son came and mowed the field. He mowed last night past 8:30.

Dandelion crawled out of the pen to graze the driveway, had to put her up several times to get her out of the way. LOL

We left for the zoo around 1:00. Afterwards I bought take out pizza.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, 2 yrs away. Sure there will be some visits but that's a while. At least he's single.....good or bad, it's less family to relocate, etc. Glad field is cut!

Did he rent the house you were remodeling ? 🤣 Hate to think all that work is setting empty.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, 2 yrs away. Sure there will be some visits but that's a while. At least he's single.....good or bad, it's less family to relocate, etc. Glad field is cut!

Did he rent the house you were remodeling ? 🤣 Hate to think all that work is setting empty.
A friend of mine may rent it, she is a manager of a restaurant in San Antonio and can transfer to Olive Garden in Lufkin or Huntsville. Still needs some work, not a lot, but some.

Cooper and his 7 ewes are spread out over the field grazing “new” grass they didn’t find due to all the tall grass hiding it.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
He’s taking the security of a long term job instead of bouncing around. He hasn’t forgotten the long stretch of Covid and no jobs. The economy is not so great, and he’s keeping an eye on that too.
Good idea. And you have a place to stay for New Orleans Mardi Gras! LOL

Economy is uncertain for rest of Biden's term and then maybe even worse depending on 2024 election. :fl

Latest posts