BAYMULE FINALLY HAS SHEEP!! BABIES!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have lived vicariously through many of you here on BYH for 5 years now. I wanted sheep, but we lived on a small city lot. Not happening. We moved in February to 8 acres and have been a whirlwind of activity since. 16 days ago, a post appeared on Craigslist for Dorper/Katahdin ewes, bred to a registered Katahdin ram. I didn't call. They were reposted. I didn't call. They were reposted again. Only 4 of them. I called.

Today we went and got them. As we rounded the corner and saw this beautiful ranch appear before us, my husband said, "Those sheep are going to be so pi$$ed at us! Look at this place, and we're going to take them to our little place?" White pipe fence, brick columns, concrete driveway taking us past 2 spacious brick homes, large barns, pasture, a lake that meandered behind the houses and the barns, picture perfect place. The lady was so nice and helpful. Great Pyrenees everywhere, she raises registered dogs, high quality animals. They were on guard, but friendly to us. Beautiful place, beautiful animals.

We got our girls home and unloaded. Three are 11 months old. One has lambed once. They are all bred. They are all wary of us and stay well away from us. Of course we think they are beautiful. :love I tried to get pictures, but couldn't get very close. I walked Paris on a leash in the sheep pasture. She has never seen a sheep, she was very interested in them, but not in a predatory way. She sniffed sheep poop, footprints and i could tell she really wanted to get close to them. I could get closer to them with Paris than I could by myself. Tonight I put Paris back in the yard. Tomorrow i will let Paris loose after walking her around some more. If all goes well, Paris will go live with the sheep. I texted @Devonviolet a picture with the words, Baa Baa. :gig

IMG2769.jpg

IMG2772.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The are wonderful colors. Look to be in great condition and you will love them, I'm sure. They will get used to you soon -- you who will carry the feed bucket! Always works.

I'm happy that you finally got your "dream". Hey, if a crossbred was good enough for the ranch you described, they are surely good enough for your farm vs papered ones. Besides, a crossbred is often hardier.

Enjoy them!

PS There were a few pretty and very tame sheep at the auction where I left "MY" chosen goat does.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so happy for you, I know you have been waiting for these for a while and a lot of hard work came before them. I love the colors and the names are perfect. Congratulations.