Baymule's 2020 Feeder Pigs!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here we go! Got two guilts today, Hampshire and Yorkshire cross. I’ve been looking, people sure are proud of their pigs this year. Finally found these an hour and half away and we went and got them.

Sentry is in a pasture, not against the new Pigs, but he knew he didn’t like them. He barked st them. I didn’t want a night of him hating and barking at the pigs all night, so I put him on a leash and we went to meet the pigs.

He snarled. I shushed him. He was on full alert, deeply growling. I kept talking to him, reassuring him, telling him, MY PIGS, NO. MINE. The pigs of course, were scared and slowly grunted their way toward us. Closer. Closer. Sentry boomed a BIG BARK and lunged st them. Pigs ran, I pulled Sentry back. Over and over, but at least he’s met the pigs and knows what they are. They will never be friends but maybe he won’t bark all night at the pig monsters.

[LEFT][SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=rgb(134, 142, 86)]@frustratedearthmother[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]
he reminded me so much of Cowboy and your AGH pigs. I was smiling, watching my defensive body guard protecting me from pig monsters and thinking about you.

The girls.

F489B5AD-C44C-4F1F-9E4B-272AC97E244D.jpeg

Sentry guarding me.

DAEB3215-1B2A-4731-92AB-E58B63396AAF.jpeg

We got the Pig Palace ready this morning. We set up the bin feeder and put 50 pounds of Feed in it. Checked water barrel, added water and secured the trough.

To help the pigs find Feed, I put a little in a plastic tub and they found it. Behind them you can see the bin feeder where I propped up a lid with a pine cone. They found the Feed but were afraid of the bin monster. Wait until they try to get Feed and that lid shuts on them! Haha, it won’t last long, food is a motivator.

9EF3A374-4270-4AC6-A41A-495FEBE58B17.jpeg

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
congrats on the new porkeys. I looked for a long time for a couple of feeder pigs but was not willing to drive 2+ hours and pay $100 for each of them which is where the little toy pigs come in. my 3 boys went ape shift when they first heard one of the little guys squeal but after an hour or so of assuring them that those were my pigs and it was ok they have actually left them alone even when the little rascal's got out and were wandering around the yard. JJ, the English shepherd is the one I have to watch because she really doesn't like them being loose. i'm sure they are gonna love the pig palace.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here we go! Got two guilts today, Hampshire and Yorkshire cross. I’ve been looking, people sure are proud of their pigs this year. Finally found these an hour and half away and we went and got them.

Sentry is in a pasture, not against the new Pigs, but he knew he didn’t like them. He barked st them. I didn’t want a night of him hating and barking at the pigs all night, so I put him on a leash and we went to meet the pigs.

He snarled. I shushed him. He was on full alert, deeply growling. I kept talking to him, reassuring him, telling him, MY PIGS, NO. MINE. The pigs of course, were scared and slowly grunted their way toward us. Closer. Closer. Sentry boomed a BIG BARK and lunged st them. Pigs ran, I pulled Sentry back. Over and over, but at least he’s met the pigs and knows what they are. They will never be friends but maybe he won’t bark all night at the pig monsters.

[LEFT][SIZE=14px][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=rgb(134, 142, 86)]@frustratedearthmother[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]
he reminded me so much of Cowboy and your AGH pigs. I was smiling, watching my defensive body guard protecting me from pig monsters and thinking about you.

The girls.

F489B5AD-C44C-4F1F-9E4B-272AC97E244D.jpeg

Sentry guarding me.

DAEB3215-1B2A-4731-92AB-E58B63396AAF.jpeg

We got the Pig Palace ready this morning. We set up the bin feeder and put 50 pounds of Feed in it. Checked water barrel, added water and secured the trough.

To help the pigs find Feed, I put a little in a plastic tub and they found it. Behind them you can see the bin feeder where I propped up a lid with a pine cone. They found the Feed but were afraid of the bin monster. Wait until they try to get Feed and that lid shuts on them! Haha, it won’t last long, food is a motivator.

9EF3A374-4270-4AC6-A41A-495FEBE58B17.jpeg
They are so cute!! Love their front feet in the food dish.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
well, first time you've brought little ones home in a while. Cute now...then they grow. Of course, that's why you bought them!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the piggies drink from the hog nipple. When I depress the nipple to make water run out, they don’t get excited or act thirsty, so I guess they have figured it out. Likewise on the bin feeder. So last night I arranged some leaves on top of the pellets, this morning they were moved and there is a little dirt on the pellets too. Now I have my proof they are eating.

E33292A9-A12F-4984-A5AE-C0DD459DD51A.jpeg

I took a can of acorns and gave them some. One nibbled at my boot, not too tasty.

3B809457-AE9E-4BD5-95AC-44DA3A95A085.jpeg

We are keeping our little granddaughters for the weekend, they are excited to see the pigs. I told them they each got to name one. #2 DGD said she was gonna name hers Picklehead. #3 DGD said she would name hers Tickle Potty, which her Mom immediately squelched. So we’ll see what they come up with!

Latest posts