Baymule's 500 Pound Boar!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The serious BBQ'rs here make their BBQ grills from 275 gal oil tanks. They can cook a bunch of chickens or huge slabs of beef or whatever. But it looks like a good size you have for a family. Like the looks of the ham steaks. We had a big sow one time and her steaks were huge like that. Had to cut the other ham in half because they couldn't fit it in for the cure and smoking where I had it done. The bacons were huge too and the pork chops were big enough for 2 to eat one chop just about.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was quite generous. I have a feeling you like to cook outdoors a bit. That BBQ is a generous size too!
My husband is the BBQ'er. He tends the fire and the meat, I get it ready to cook and take care of it after it comes off the pit. We have smoked slabs of bacon and stuffed sausage links from our hogs. That is usually an all day or two day chore. We use the other pit for that, it has a temperature gauge on it so hubby can monitor the temps for slowly smoking the goodies.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The serious BBQ'rs here make their BBQ grills from 275 gal oil tanks.
My local car mechanic has 2 of those on a trailer, rents it out for BIG parties I guess. I first thought it was an odd looking boat, flat on both ends :lol:

That’s my redneck BBQ pit made from a water heater tank. I love it, it really rolls the smoke!
So THAT is what one does with a leaking HW tank!

Go take a look at @Mike CHS journal,entries...
I would suggest you not do that. There is already a line hoping to get a small area of the workshop to sleep in just so they can beg for leftover food!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wilbur as pulled pork, was the hit of the party. Instead of asking if anybody wanted pulled pork, I asked if anybody wanted to bite Wilbur. We left some with the hosts of the party and brought a little home. The party was fun, food was good and everybody had a good time. We had some friends spend the night and today I taught her how to make bread. We made rosemary focaccia bread, dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. I sent them home with most of what was left after we ate all we could. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wilbur burger. I mixed a pound of hamburger and a pound of Wilbur burger, then seasoned it. Delicious!

52D1751C-4555-413A-A243-53E92E859D76.jpeg