Baymule's 500 Pound Boar!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought a meat grinder today - Yay! I'm going to try my hand at some sausage. Might start with goat/pork mixture.
Good plan, you'll need things to keep you busy when you retire.

My grinder is 35ish years old, I still have the original box, it is price tagged $64.95 And it was MADE IN AMERICA. It is not a big one and I sometimes dream of a bigger one that would accept chunks of meat instead of little cubes, but it works for me.
Yeah but yours is still working after 35 years. I'm quite certain anything made today won't get anywhere near that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The connective tissue and ligaments will clog mine up, it is a real pain. The first chunk of meat comes our in neat strands of ground meat, after that, the party is over and I have to PUSH the meat down the loader. Arms get sore, back muscles get sore and stomach muscles get sore, after grinding meat a few days, I should have rub board abs, I'm sure I do, under that layer of fat! I have to stop frequently to clean the grinding wheels. @Mike CHS does yours have the same problem?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh dang - I thought the grinder did all the work! Maybe I should take my little one back and get a commercial grade... Eh, they probably all have their own issues. Anxious to try mine, but don't see it happening for a week or so.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The connective tissue and ligaments will clog mine up, it is a real pain. The first chunk of meat comes our in neat strands of ground meat, after that, the party is over and I have to PUSH the meat down the loader. Arms get sore, back muscles get sore and stomach muscles get sore, after grinding meat a few days, I should have rub board abs, I'm sure I do, under that layer of fat! I have to stop frequently to clean the grinding wheels. @Mike CHS does yours have the same problem?

We have to stop and clean a few times but we haven't ground meat on the scale that you have. We have ground at the most about 10-12 pounds of beef without stopping to clean but then again, there isn't a huge amount of fat so we are probably similar to yours in that problem except we can do pretty good sized chunks without having to force it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read this thread again. Do y'all know I STILL have probably a half dozen of those smoked sausages??? :lol: I make chicken and sausage gumbo a couple weeks ago and put most of it in the freezer. It sure was good!

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read and enjoyed this thread. When the last two pages were about meat grinders, I'm glad I got an industrial one vs the kitchen aid attachment that I have tried to use the last two years.

Attachments

• HZMV0994.JPG
    HZMV0994.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 85