Baymule's Lambs, 2nd Lambing

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been watching Sheepalicious the last couple of weeks, growing larger and larger. It was obvious that she was carrying twins. The past few days, she could barely walk, she waddled. Even when I opened the gate and let them onto green rye grass, the others ran a race to be the first, she S L O W L Y waddled with great effort to the green prize. Poor thing. She really enjoyed getting her sides and belly gently rubbed. I stroked her neck, it was soothing to her. She stood, legs splayed out, head hanging down, clearly miserable. We've been doing the flashlight nighttime check and first thing in the morning check.

This morning, there was a slight mucus drip and she was off by herself. I had to leave to go pick up our 2 month old grand daughter, we're baby sitting. When I got back, it was raining, I looked for Sheepalicious. All the other sheep were in their shelter, but not her. I caught a glimpse of white. My husband met me at the car to help carry baby stuff in, I wrapped the baby up and we went to see the lambs! Paris was beside herself, she was intensely interested in the lambs. To her credit, she licked and loved on them, but it distressed Sheepalicious so we told Paris to quit. She stayed close, watching over them.

After I fed the baby and got her to sleep, I picked up the lambs and carried them to the shelter. We had bedded it deep with hay and they were snuggled down in no time. I blocked the other sheep out so mom and babies could have a day or two to themselves.

Trying to post a picture, but can't.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aww so happy! Did you see the genders?

Im getting baby fever rn!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats! I didn't realize your gal(s) were so close to delivery! Glad it all went smoothly.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A ram lamb and a ewe lamb. Still can't post a picture or even drag one. :he:he:he:he

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats

I am not leaving till I get a pic bay?

Latest posts