Baymule's Pigs 2017-2018

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was a temporary cow panel fence with a half panel for a gate. The roof of the Hawg Hut is 2 pieces of plywood --- 8' not going through a 7' gate! Plus being at an angle, plus DH the speed demon on the Mule...... Yeah, take up part of the fence...

The cool part of the neighbor taking away that wadded up back end of the old Studebaker, he was born on our land and lived here until he was 6 years old. His parents built a house around the corner where his 92 year old Mother still lives. He and his wife later built a house close to hers. After his family moved, the house (shack from what he said) was rented out to another family. He remembered that old Studebaker from when he was a kid. The old house was unlivable by the time the other family moved out and later burned down.

I sure would take some weeviled corn! I tried to give the pigs some pellets last evening and got cussed out by lots of grunts. Peppa the sow gave me a "what's THIS stuff?" look and followed me around grunting. I went and got her corn, that made her happy. But then she came and got me, grunting constantly. The boar, Little Pig, was "hogging" the feed tub and wouldn't let her eat. I shooed him back and scooped corn on the ground. Both of them ate and were happy.

She appears to be in heat now. I'll watch to see if she comes back in heat in about 3 weeks. @Latestarter and @Devonviolet might oughta get to building their pig pens! :lol:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bruce may have something there Bay....all my animals are routine oriented and certainly protest any change or disruption in their daily routine....:)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
did you get the buy of the century or what!! they are sure nice looking piggies. congratulations my dear. can't wait to bacon bit running around your place. they are so cute when they are little, it's a good thing they don't stay that way or i'd never be able to eat one.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, nice looking piggies, indeed.

DH and I have been doing some reconfiguring of our game plan, and decided we are going to have to pass on a piglet this Fall. Maybe next year.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
did you get the buy of the century or what!! they are sure nice looking piggies. congratulations my dear. can't wait to bacon bit running around your place. they are so cute when they are little, it's a good thing they don't stay that way or i'd never be able to eat one.

I am soaking their corn now and mixing the pellets with it. They scarf it up. On dry corn, there was corn in their poop. With the soaked corn, there are a few tiny bits of corn, but not much, it is digesting better.

I like pigs but I really don't want to breed and raise them. This was just too good of a deal to pass up!