Bear killed a pet goat in Boulder, CO

HappyKnook

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No they live inside the City of Boulder...about 1/3 of an acre lot...walking distant to bus stop, shops etc.... That was the shocking part. They are not even near the hillside. The are literally smack in the middle of the city.
That's absolutely insane. I couldn't imagine looking out my window and seeing a bear eating one of my pets.

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
quiltnchik said:
A bear that starts killing is a bear that needs to be killed. Bears are not normally predatory. When they turn that way, they become dangerous.
Actually, they are quite predatory. Even black bears. I used to live in Colorado and their attitude is so screwed up that you're likely to get prosecuted for defending your livestock. :rant This is what happens when people get convinced to get rid of the spring hunt and stop hunting with bait and hounds. :somad

Montana isn't perfect, but we know when to say "good shot." And baiting is illegal here too.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bears are very opportunistic. They scavenge and hunt. Many will ruin a good fawn elk calf season by searching them out and eating them when they are still so young that they lay and hide.
Oregon is also run by twits. No hound hunting allowed.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Baiting is allowed in Idaho ( all sorts of yay nay stuff but it is allowed) as are hounds.

Valley Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Greetings, We had two nursing doe killed by a black bear, took one, than came back the next night and killed another. Hung around the house for almost 2 weeks. Had me sleeping in the barn overhead until we made a good bear of him. They come after doe with kids most often, but once they zero in on your ranch they will stay around until they get every animal on the place.

We have put up lights and a very hot electric fence. Only made one good bear after fence upgrade. Our dog , we hired a good dog, sleeps with the goats at night, during the day he comes in with us.

There are people who would rather a person be killed than a killer bear.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, this is so sad. If a bear comes after our goats here in Southern Idaho, he or she had better be wearing body armor! No way we'll sit by and let one eat one of our goats, who are like family to us. :(

kerrydouch

Just born
Reaction score
Bad news, this shouldn't happened...
Anyone noticed the criminal???