Because BYH

WantonWoodsman

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's amusing how often I log in to BYH. Why? Truth be told that I have found something better than Facebook. "Better than Facebook" some would ask...

How do I justify my statement.....well

1. Have had facebook for several months.......no friends
2. Have posted and commented......hardly any likes
3. Asked several questions......no replies

At BYH I have found awesome folks that answer questions.....give likes and invaluable advice and information. Folks that care.....share and have a sense of humor.

Well let me end off by saying thank you to all of you who have commented, shared and YES, even liked. An awesome forum and to me BYH stands for more than Backyardherds..... To me it's BECAUSE YOU'RE HUMAN

BYH.png

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's interesting. I've only been on here for a bit more then a year and I've seen many folks come, introduce themselves, ask a question, get help, and leave. But in this time I've also be fortunate enough to meet some great people and get to know our community. It seems like we know each other well and care too.

WantonWoodsman

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's interesting. I've only been on here for a bit more then a year and I've seen many folks come, introduce themselves, ask a question, get help, and leave. But in this time I've also be fortunate enough to meet some great people and get to know our community. It seems like we know each other well and care too.
It's meeting those great people, learning, laughing and sharing that makes it worthwhile.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! That was incredibly nice@WantonWoodsman. I truly appreciate having a site to go to to ask questions, make comments, and occasionally help someone out with an animal question. We all need to share knowledge in a timely manner, some of us live farther out than others and often this site is faster than waiting for a call back from the vet (this is not a be all end all to the vet but an easy access supplement. Lots to like here folks and we ought to remember this full of thanks.

chiques chicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@WantonWoodsman - You said it all. Although I don't socialize as much as I'd like on here, is still more than in real life. The people here are my social network and I enjoy reading about others lives even if I don't comment or like.

What is this Facebook you speak of? J/k, I left that site about 5 or 6 years ago. Although it is the only way to stay in contact with my real family, and I miss that, I have one friend who friended my family members and tells me if anything interesting or important happens

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I also have a FB account, however, I only open it once or twice a year, if that. I don't like their privacy policy and I don't like that anything you post there, including pictures becomes theirs.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's amusing how often I log in to BYH. Why? Truth be told that I have found something better than Facebook. "Better than Facebook" some would ask...

How do I justify my statement.....well

1. Have had facebook for several months.......no friends
2. Have posted and commented......hardly any likes
3. Asked several questions......no replies

At BYH I have found awesome folks that answer questions.....give likes and invaluable advice and information. Folks that care.....share and have a sense of humor.

Well let me end off by saying thank you to all of you who have commented, shared and YES, even liked. An awesome forum and to me BYH stands for more than Backyardherds..... To me it's BECAUSE YOU'RE HUMAN

View attachment 21743
:thumbsup