Because, photography! ( pic heavy )

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kinda feels weird to put just regular pics on here now.
In my mind this is Titan's thread.

Can you make this Titan's thread and do a new photography one. :hide

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Titan will get his own thread in time. However I can post pictures of him often here with little stories. He's always into something.

Here look, distraction!

LL

LL

LL

LL

If this didn't help, I can always just make this Titan's thread and post pupdates.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weird huh... but I love him and I don't even know him. :hu
No, that's not weird Southern! :) :hugs

I got Titan when I was ten, maybe eleven years old. He wasn't my first dog, but he will surely be the first dog to leave an impression. That being said, I have seen many dogs come and go in my short life. A dog is only here for a whisper compared to the noise we leave in our wake.

Titan came in yelling.

One morning in May as I was coming home from school, I happened to see a dog tied up to a tire on the side of the road. I stopped and untied him. He followed me home. He was hyper, rambunctious, destructive, loud, smart, off the wall, sensitive, brilliant, patient, kind, protective, and most importantly, mine. We went EVERYWHERE together. If I was out riding my horse? Guess where he was. Right behind me. If I was off on my bike? Right behind me. Off for school or training? At home guarding my mother. He can't go everywhere. He's a dog.

Titan has seen the birth of many litters of puppies and kittens. Cleaned them side by side with their mothers. He has whined and paced the incubator during hatch times when the chicks are coming. He LOVES babies. Even baby humans. Titan has always been some sort of special.

When I was seventeen, Titan took a bullet for me. A shot gun blast right to the hip. He survived.

He once got kicked in the head by my horse so hard you could see brain tissue. I carried his limp body, while I screamed for help, back to the barn. The vet said he wouldn't survive. He did.

Titan once fell out of the back of a moving vehicle. Again, he survived.

Titan stayed with my mother for four years while she lived alone and dealt with an empty nest. Only to come back to me faithful and loving as ever when I was finally done being young and dumb. He survived.

Now, 14 and riddled with cancer, I can only close my eyes and try to think of every memory he has lain on so SO many lives. This will be the only dog I ever have a funeral for. There's to many people that want to be by his side as he's lain to rest. He's touched many lives.

He is great at rounding up loose poultry. Great at telling you where the 'babies' are. He can even tell someone they're pregnant before they know it. He told my best friend all three times, and my sister twice. This dog is just... Special. The big red dog.

View attachment 12450
Titan helped Skylar ( nephew ) learn to walk, run, and play.

View attachment 12451
He was always patient.

View attachment 12452
Titan helped us make poor decisions in music as teenagers.

View attachment 12453
When times got tough? Titan didn't judge us. He jumped right in the back of that old pickemup and said where are we going? Lets do this!

View attachment 12454
Always right behind me. Even when we were so broke we could only afford rice for everyone. Including the dogs.

View attachment 12455
His face tells his entire story.

View attachment 12456
Sometimes, though, he just wants a bite of pizza.

View attachment 12457
This old man is covered in cancerous lumps. He will bite you if you reach for his feet. He will let you do anything you want... just don't reach for his feet! He has been my right hand man for many years. He has been the rock my mother stood on when she made some bad decisions in her life. He has been the baby sitter to many. The watchman for more. The protector, the guardian, the wise man. His throne is the couch. His crown isn't needed to know he is king.

We were told six months ago we would be lucky to see him make it through Christmas. At that time, Titan couldn't walk. He had taken a bad fall from the front porch and had major spinal swelling. They didn't think it would go away. He's not only walking again, but riding. We went on a SLOW SHORT ride a few weeks ago, and he did just fine.

Although he now has a permanent limp, we can all still close our eyes and picture the young dog who ran everywhere he went. Who once leapt through a glass window to go get between my mother and the neighbor, who was brutally attacking her. Who once bit and held on even after taking a gun shot. The dog who has touched so many is oh so happy in his retirement.

I just can not say enough about him.

Fourteen. Going on three.

View attachment 12458

View attachment 12459

@Southern by choice this is for you. He's my one of a kind.
Aww, what a sweet, heroic, wonderful dog Titan is! Thank you for sharing this @Ferguson K, that was beautiful! :hugsIt must be so hard to see your four-legged friend like this!:hit :hugs

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright... :)
So my eldest daughter hopes to become an entomologist with studies in arachnology too. Don't ask me.... I have no idea what the obsession with spiders is all about.:rolleyes: So we have lots of freaky pics- although they are cool creatures...

1 A favorite of mine
Wingin' it Farms.jpg

2 This is one of my favorites too :)
Wingin' it Farms (2).jpg

3 The mantis is really a neat creature!
Wingin' it Farms Landscape- the beauty of the land (3).jpg

4 Can you see it?
Wingin' it Farms Landscape- the beauty of the land (7).JPG

5 I made her wear a glove! It is as big as her hand! :eek:
Wingin' it Farms Landscape- the beauty of the land (12).JPG

6 We'd never seen this one before...Cool though
Wingin' it Farms Landscape- the beauty of the land (13).JPG

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice ...The moth is beautiful, the tarantula not so much, the mantis is a weird color compared to ones in CA.

Titan sounds like the perfect dog and he is lucky to have you, and vice versa. How could someone leave a dog chained to a tire on the side of road? He knew he found a friend for life when you set him free.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
@babsbag

The area we were living when I found Titan was not so great. Sunnyside/third ward in Houston. AKA the ghetto.

Southern, is that a spider? Pressed against the bark?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep! I was just about to lean on the tree and my son said Mom- don't put your hand there.:eek:

@babsbag - often we see them green but they have the ability to camouflage- this one was taken off some branches.

I love the first one- White Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took this picture about five/six years ago. It's still one of my favorites.

FB_IMG_1448115327681.jpg

These bison were in south Texas on a big ranch. It was spring and they were calving. I took way to many pictures ... LOL

FB_IMG_1448115333529.jpg
FB_IMG_1448115317849.jpg
FB_IMG_1448115337497.jpg
FB_IMG_1448115430623.jpg

Look closely.
FB_IMG_1448115437114.jpg