Because, photography! ( pic heavy )

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay. I've realized I've been flooding my BYH page with too many pictures... of unrelated things. ;) SO! Here we go. A photography page of things just because.

DSC_0431.JPG
DSC_1272.JPG
DSC_1213.JPG
DSC_1214.JPG
DSC_0986.JPG
DSC_0575.JPG
CSC_0509.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0318.JPG
DSC_1051.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Who is the dog (6th picture down in second series)? :love I LIKE!

The dogs are too funny! I was trying to tell you all the ones I really liked but you didn't number them... and then I lost count. :(
I am getting old.:p

Pics are great! Would you mind if I put some on your thread? Could be fun... I have a cool few of the land.

Did I say I love that red dog!;)

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's Mr old man Titan. He's 14 this year, 15 in May. I'll have to do a post on just him for you. ;) I have THOUSANDS of pictures of that dog.

He's my heart. I've owned many dogs, that gentle man there is special.

Post away!! I LOVE pictures.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's Mr old man Titan. He's 14 this year, 15 in May. I'll have to do a post on just him for you. ;) I have THOUSANDS of pictures of that dog.

He's my heart. I've owned many dogs, that gentle man there is special.

Post away!! I LOVE pictures.

He LOOKS special... something about his eyes, and face, he looks regal, and keen ...
I can't tell you how many times I have scrolled back to his picture.
Something special about him.
Weird huh... but I love him and I don't even know him. :hu
Now I just sound crazy.:D

I would love for you to do a post about him. :hugs

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got Titan when I was ten, maybe eleven years old. He wasn't my first dog, but he will surely be the first dog to leave an impression. That being said, I have seen many dogs come and go in my short life. A dog is only here for a whisper compared to the noise we leave in our wake.

Titan came in yelling.

One morning in May as I was coming home from school, I happened to see a dog tied up to a tire on the side of the road. I stopped and untied him. He followed me home. He was hyper, rambunctious, destructive, loud, smart, off the wall, sensitive, brilliant, patient, kind, protective, and most importantly, mine. We went EVERYWHERE together. If I was out riding my horse? Guess where he was. Right behind me. If I was off on my bike? Right behind me. Off for school or training? At home guarding my mother. He can't go everywhere. He's a dog.

Titan has seen the birth of many litters of puppies and kittens. Cleaned them side by side with their mothers. He has whined and paced the incubator during hatch times when the chicks are coming. He LOVES babies. Even baby humans. Titan has always been some sort of special.

When I was seventeen, Titan took a bullet for me. A shot gun blast right to the hip. He survived.

He once got kicked in the head by my horse so hard you could see brain tissue. I carried his limp body, while I screamed for help, back to the barn. The vet said he wouldn't survive. He did.

Titan once fell out of the back of a moving vehicle. Again, he survived.

Titan stayed with my mother for four years while she lived alone and dealt with an empty nest. Only to come back to me faithful and loving as ever when I was finally done being young and dumb. He survived.

Now, 14 and riddled with cancer, I can only close my eyes and try to think of every memory he has lain on so SO many lives. This will be the only dog I ever have a funeral for. There's to many people that want to be by his side as he's lain to rest. He's touched many lives.

He is great at rounding up loose poultry. Great at telling you where the 'babies' are. He can even tell someone they're pregnant before they know it. He told my best friend all three times, and my sister twice. This dog is just... Special. The big red dog.

upload_2015-11-20_17-53-57.png

Titan helped Skylar ( nephew ) learn to walk, run, and play.

upload_2015-11-20_17-54-10.png

He was always patient.

upload_2015-11-20_17-55-20.png

Titan helped us make poor decisions in music as teenagers.

upload_2015-11-20_17-55-56.png

When times got tough? Titan didn't judge us. He jumped right in the back of that old pickemup and said where are we going? Lets do this!

upload_2015-11-20_17-58-18.png

Always right behind me. Even when we were so broke we could only afford rice for everyone. Including the dogs.

DSC_0227.JPG

His face tells his entire story.

DSC_0913.JPG

Sometimes, though, he just wants a bite of pizza.

DSC_0496.JPG

This old man is covered in cancerous lumps. He will bite you if you reach for his feet. He will let you do anything you want... just don't reach for his feet! He has been my right hand man for many years. He has been the rock my mother stood on when she made some bad decisions in her life. He has been the baby sitter to many. The watchman for more. The protector, the guardian, the wise man. His throne is the couch. His crown isn't needed to know he is king.

We were told six months ago we would be lucky to see him make it through Christmas. At that time, Titan couldn't walk. He had taken a bad fall from the front porch and had major spinal swelling. They didn't think it would go away. He's not only walking again, but riding. We went on a SLOW SHORT ride a few weeks ago, and he did just fine.

Although he now has a permanent limp, we can all still close our eyes and picture the young dog who ran everywhere he went. Who once leapt through a glass window to go get between my mother and the neighbor, who was brutally attacking her. Who once bit and held on even after taking a gun shot. The dog who has touched so many is oh so happy in his retirement.

I just can not say enough about him.

Fourteen. Going on three.

DSC_0688.JPG

DSC_0693.JPG

@Southern by choice this is for you. He's my one of a kind.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have no idea how much this touches my heart.
Thank you so much. :hugs

Had to stop crying before I posted.
When I saw his picture .... well just hard to explain.... he simply spoke to my heart and I'll leave it there.

There is NOTHING like a great dog...NOTHING.

Latest posts