Bee theft in the news

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like the local and federal agents have uncovered who has been stealing hives in California.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...es-identify-russian-ukrainian-suspect-n759886

It was probably the biggest bee heist in California history: on January 17, hundreds of hives vanished from Sutter County, north of Sacramento.

Now, authorities believe they've identified a Russian-Ukrainian suspect in the crime — along with a string of other bee thefts that they believe he carried out in California and possibly beyond.

Pavel Tveretinov, 51, was arrested on April 28 in Madera County on suspicion of possessing stolen property, Fresno County Sheriff's Detective Andres Solis told NBC News.

An FBI spokeswoman would not confirm or deny an investigation. Messages left at phone numbers for Tveretinov were not returned Monday
They arent or can't say..on national security grounds. In other words, that's none of our beeswax and inapropolis to talk about the ongoing investigation, as there are six sides to every story but it's doubtful he acted alone and they're combing all the records to see if he had some workers helping him out. This may have been a perfect place to use drone reconnaissance to track where the hives went. Officially, investigators are being mum, but the anonymous buzz out of the prosecutor's office said it was "a honey of a sting operation" culminating with federal agents swarming the site, with another unofficial spokesperson saying it was a super effort by a cluster of agents and investigators..
I'm glad they finally smoked the culprits out and this same cell of thieves mite have carried out a lot more crimes.
(ok, I'll stop now...... )

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did I hear that two of the investigators were Paul & Nate?

Sorry couldn't resist! :p