Beginnings of labor?

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, finally Annie is showing signs of something.
The tail ligaments have started to soften, and she is stretching and flattening her back.
I just noticed her doing this, so how long do you think I have before its full blown labor? Im hoping for at least 12-24 hours X_X
Im so excited though! Finally its happening :D
:bun

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh...the age old question :) Is she restless and getting up and down and pawing? Are her girlie parts red and puffy and any change in her udder? I'm lousy with the ligament thing, but have read that they can come and go....so...no idea...guess you just have to keep an eye on her. Good luck!!!!! :)

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
Ahhhh...the age old question :) Is she restless and getting up and down and pawing? Are her girlie parts red and puffy and any change in her udder? I'm lousy with the ligament thing, but have read that they can come and go....so...no idea...guess you just have to keep an eye on her. Good luck!!!!! :)
She is making the most pathetic soft cooing noises, and she appears to be up and down but no pawing or mucus yet. I think I literally just caught the beginning of it. Her udder has been tight for three days now, things are puppy and slowly seem to be getting darker but not a deep red yet.
I think perhaps tomorrow or sunday, thats my guess! :D

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still nothing, but her sides appear to have sunken in, and i cant feel the baby/babys move anymore.
Shes not eating her hay, but she is eating her grain. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow :fl

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, never mind the lack of feeling kids, I just went out to check her and felt someone rolling around and kicking up a storm, although she suddenly has been crying a lot for me and doesn't want me to leave her.
Ligaments are even softer, and her sides are still hollow, but the baby/babys are still on the bottom and have not been "pushed up"

Sorry, writing updates is making me feel less anxious X_X

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, the kids are not moving as much anymore and Annie is really keen on cleaning my face and poking at her side.
Im not sure if that means anything, but there it is! And she gets very upset when I leave.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have a ewe right there in the anytime phase....:) hope you girl has a healthy kid or two....