Beginnings of labor?

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
lovinglife said:
My Guernsey doe that just kidded did that at least two weeks ago... just saying, may be awhile, stop stressing.
ugh..I know...And with how wishy washy she has been with her signs, I really am leaning towards just watch her and hope for the best.
Omg I just wish she would pop the thing out already!!

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL I know what your talking about!!! I had a firm date for my doe so didn't go through that BUT I still couldn't wait! My little twin doelings are just precious and I wouldn't trade them for anything! Totally worth the wait! :cool:

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
lovinglife said:
LOL I know what your talking about!!! I had a firm date for my doe so didn't go through that BUT I still couldn't wait! My little twin doelings are just precious and I wouldn't trade them for anything! Totally worth the wait! :cool:
It is April 1st...Who knows, it could be a prank :rolleyes:
I just cant wait to see the little baby's, I have never been, to quote my friend, "trolled" by a goat before. Grr....*looks at Annie* Have it already! You have been pawing for four weeks now!

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yup! My doe April fooled me!! :rant

As you can guess, no baby's...We will see tomorrow or the day after, Ugh...This is driving me nuts....

pridegoethb4thefall

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The goo in that last picture looks like the plug to me, not like the Amber colored rope of goo that means babies are coming right now.

Do you have a recent picture of her udder? If you can, can you try to pinch the skin of the udder? If the skin is loose and you can easily get alot of skin between your fingers, I would say her udder hasn't quite boomed yet.

I know how you are feeling right now, I'm going through it myself right now. I've decided to tell her I don't care if she ever kids, and I'm not gonna bug her anymore. Hopefully she believes me and I can sneak up on her and catch her kidding!! ;)

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
pridegoethb4thefall said:
The goo in that last picture looks like the plug to me, not like the Amber colored rope of goo that means babies are coming right now.

Do you have a recent picture of her udder? If you can, can you try to pinch the skin of the udder? If the skin is loose and you can easily get alot of skin between your fingers, I would say her udder hasn't quite boomed yet.

I know how you are feeling right now, I'm going through it myself right now. I've decided to tell her I don't care if she ever kids, and I'm not gonna bug her anymore. Hopefully she believes me and I can sneak up on her and catch her kidding!! ;)
if thats the case then what was the clear string I saw a few days ago? A a part of the plug and then this is the rest? That would make sense.
Her utter is firm, I can barely get any skin between my fingers so i would say she has not fully gotten there but is getting there.
I tried that a week ago...It didnt work T_T

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
fanov8 said:
Any updates?
More mucus, a and a bit more discomfort, as well as some more yoga stretches. But im pretty much ruling out the pawing, the yawning, the nesting, and the screaming and personality change because its been a month of that...Shes so weird.
The good news is that she is very interested in Rosies *the sheep* baby, so perhaps that will encourage her to let the thing out. :barnie

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
But your not anxious or anything, you really don't care when she has it and you know that baby goats really are not that cute......... RIGHT!!!! HA HA!!!! If she starts breathing hard she will be starting, if she is panting with a wide open mouth, hard labor.... anyway that is what my girl did.. the heavy breathing lasted like 4 hours before anything really started.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
lovinglife said:
But your not anxious or anything, you really don't care when she has it and you know that baby goats really are not that cute......... RIGHT!!!! HA HA!!!! If she starts breathing hard she will be starting, if she is panting with a wide open mouth, hard labor.... anyway that is what my girl did.. the heavy breathing lasted like 4 hours before anything really started.
Naw not at all, im calm, collected, not checking on her frequently, or caring...Goat kids are ugly!!
:lol: Yeah right...
*glares at Annie* Have your baby already!!!

Latest posts