Best Hay Buggy Style?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bow a cow panel over, secure it to T-posts and put a Harbor Freight tarp over it. Not perfect, but it helps keep most of the rain off.

5513F45E-F40C-4F63-BAFB-2C203DB5B54A.jpeg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every feeding situation is unique.
For me, round bales work well. I have a local guy who will deliver 2 at a time. With only Eva, each one lasts weeks.
I have a trailer that I had intended to use to go get 2 rounds at a time. Then the truck I was going to use died.
My plan WAS to go get 2 rounds loaded into my trailer. I had used 1/2 a hay ring to make a fence-line feeder & planned to roll 1 bale at a time into it.
A co-worker had the genius idea to make the trailer a tilting ramp of a hay storage.
He cut the front of the trailer so that it folds down.
My hay guy comes with 2 round bales on a little flat bed. He rolls one into my trailer where I've set a come-along to catch it. I set a 2nd strap & we roll the 2nd bale down. I cover them until needed. Then I can remove the strap & use the trailer jack to raise the front so it rolls into the hay ring. When that one is eaten, I repeat the process with the 2nd one & call for 2 more.

Have you seen the fence-line feeders where they use 6x6's to make a ramp that will hold 4 or 5 round bales on a ramp & feed into the pasture as needed by gravity?

Would you be able to use a setup where all the bales stay in one spot???
Too messy if you're feeding several & can't drag the manure away...🤔