Best Show bird aka Patriarch Rock Bantam sick

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think she will get electrolytes tonight. My dad thought she looked good, although to me she looked like she was not doing well

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I scanned this over briefly and I don't think I saw this mentioned but coccidia may be an issue.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/coccidiosis-how-to-treat-it

I had a rescue hen that had it and she was miserable for awhile. It was diagnosed through a fecal sample by a veterinarian after noticing she was very lethargic and had bloody stool. If it is in fact coccidia you want to get it treated right away. Just wanted to put this thought out there and hope it helps and that the chicken gets better.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, annoying speckled naked neck. And probably the other big hens, I leave tonight to ski tomorrow. I am planning on separating the birds in Sunday

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, to me today she has passed. Physically she hasn't, but my dad has said it is likely Cancer. I am letting her live a bit longer to see if she will make it, but I don't think unless something changes REAL soon she won't show at the end of this month.

It is hard to realize that she is my second amazing show bird to go in the past four months