Best way to diaper a buck kid

Clementsfarm13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey guys! we are bringing home a 2 month old(give or take) buck in a few weeks and we wouldn't mind him coming inside some while hes small and i wanted to diaper him instead of cleaning a mess every five seconds. just looking for some ideas! thanks ahead of time!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do not have any experience diapering goaties, but I did diaper a cat many years ago. I just cut a hole in the diaper where I thought the tail would be. Now with a wee boy goatie I should think the problem is getting it long enough to cover his plumbing and then slender enough to go around his mid section.

A few years ago, someone on BYH posted pictures of her indoor goatie in diapers. What I remember is the packaging tape around the middle. HA, I impressed myself and found it!
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/update-my-first-baby-is-here-new-pic-pg3.7287/page-3

Someone else diapered their indoor goatie and suggested putting the butt side to the front, backwards in other words.

You do realize we will need a ton, a ton mind you, of pictures with your indoor goatie! Please and thank you, of course.

Clementsfarm13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I found an idea someone used for dogs I think I'm going to try! My mom is super crafty and I think she will be able to make this pretty easily

Clementsfarm13

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
awesome thank you!! do you recommend a size for diaper and onsie? will be 2 month old boer buckling :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@animalmom I followed that link and copied the picture and posted it on Devonviolet's thread. I was telling her just this very morning that she could diaper little Woody and enjoy him in the house.....:lol:

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Diaper on the butt, diaper around the middle, and a onesie to hold it all on.

Experience talking here. ;)

Genius! I failed miserably at the diapering of the goats but I never thought of a onsie to keep it on! Makes me want more bottle babies....not!;)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to diaper my little guy, I wonder what size diapers I should use.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH @Clementsfarm13 Grats on your new goat! Pictures of him in diapers are a must! Glad you joined us. Please make yourself at home and browse around. If you have questions, post them and someone should get back to you rather quickly.

Latest posts