bethh Life on the Funny Farm

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, my days have been very busy with the grandkids. They keep me hopping. Everyone is taking a nap and the rain is headed here soon. Thinking I’ll take one of those coveted naps as well.

I bit the bullet and ordered myself a cabinet incubator. I’ve enjoyed hatching chicks but the smaller incubators have been so hard to regulate. Hoping the cabinet one is. People keep wanting to purchase chicks. I make more off a chick than a dozen eggs so we’ll see.
My girls have eggs in incubators at their houses, my eggs and my incubators but the grandkids wanted to hatch at their houses. Those eggs should hatch in 10 days.

I’ll post so pics later. Heading for that elusive nap

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Grandkids and chicks just go together. Enjoy your nap!
Nap didn't happen. My doorbell rang and the inside dogs started barking. I was out of bed like a shot. I was so afraid it was going to wake them all up. Grandma needed some quiet time. LOL. Once I recovered from the door bell, I stayed up knowing I didn't have time to take a legit nap. I got some computer work done until everyone woke up. Yesterday they couldn't play outside because of rain. They got to have popcorn and a movie after their naps.

I decided to let them watch the original Absented Minded Professor. Charlie, almost 7, tells me she doesn't like grey movies. :lol: She ended up loving it. The sun is starting to come out. We will head out soon and see what kind of mischief they can get into.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, wrangling grandkids sure keeps this grandma busy. It has been non-stop. I know this pandemic has some people looking for things to do, not me. I can't find time to do the things I need to do. Thought I'd post a few pics from last week or so.

The goats are starting to show. I'm getting a little nervous about goat delivery. I'm pretty sure it will all be fine. We have a little over a month before Dixie is due. The other girls are due later in July. More eggs to hatch this week. I'm waiting for a cabinet incubator that I ordered. Hope it comes soon.

12440276-049B-4CBC-9E77-9E255C50938B.JPG

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still running crazy here on the Funny Farm. I can’t imagine how things will be when the goats deliver. Hope all the mommas can feed their babies. Not planning to have to bottle feed but will have supplies on hand if necessary. Dixie is the first due in about a month. She is really starting to show. I’m always trying to see if I can feel babies moving. So now Harrison, 5, checks also. He says that he could feel 6 babies. For mine and Dixie’s sake, I hope he’s not right. This boy loves the farm. Hoping we get a large animal vet out of him. Here he is examining Dixie. Well, gotta head out and help hubby get the hoops up that he created for our garden this year. Hoping it makes things more manageable.

748A492E-94BB-4980-A2B8-990D29773D2F.jpeg

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What a great life for a child! You are probably planting the seeds for what may become his life's vocation.
I sure hope so. We spend lots of time talking about it. Since school has been out, I’ve had 3 of the boys almost daily. I try and do life lessons each day and teach them something new. I think Harrison, above, had life lessons daily in Montessori. Last week, I taught him about hanging clothes outside to dry. He was pretty funny about it.
I want something positive to result from this difficult time. If we learn to be more self sufficient and I can pass it on to our grandkids, my time will be well spent.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many of the things I know about gardening and homesteading came from my Daddy and Grandfather. They passed on what they knew and years later, I dredged it up from the back of my mind and put it to use. So there ya' go, what you teach your grandkids may not show up right away, but it will be there, waiting on the day that they remember what Grandma taught them.

Latest posts