bethh Life on the Funny Farm

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Glad you're calling in a vet - that's a really high temp. Can you try to cool her...maybe mist her with some water. Or just wipe her lower legs, ears and udder with a cool damp rag and start a fan in the area for some air movement.
Had to get car situated to bring her to the vet. She is now in an air conditioned car. Praying this is something minor.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hoping for the best result. Please let us know how it turns out! Sorry you're having to deal with this...:hugs
I’m at such a loss right now. Dixie has some sort of infection. The baby also had a fever so he has some sort of infection. I feel incompetent. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Maybe, we aren’t meant to have goats. I wish the necropsies would hurry and come back.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of the source of the infection ?......if we suspect coccidoisis, everything gets a major cleaning, we strip out their area and bleach things down , feed containers, water buckets, bedding area....sure makes us feel better..and I add the Corrid to everyone's drinking water...goats, chickens, ducks and rabbits.....

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m at such a loss right now. Dixie has some sort of infection. The baby also had a fever so he has some sort of infection. I feel incompetent. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Maybe, we aren’t meant to have goats. I wish the necropsies would hurry and come back.
You are not incompetent, if you were, you wouldn't be reaching out for help :hugs

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last night temps were still elevated. This morning normal. Dash slept in a clothes basket in our bedroom. I bottle feed him between 2-3 ounces of milk last night. He sounded a little snuffy. He’s back outside with mom. I’m going to go back out in a few and recheck at least his temp. It’s now 102.6.