bethh Life on the Funny Farm

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Always remember....even the most knowledgeable and experienced owners lose animals....sometimes there isn't anything that ya did or didn't do, things just happen and it is unfortunate....it is the experience and knowledge gained from the "hard and difficult situations" that make all of us better keepers.....:hugs.....I do hope that ya get some answers to it all, so ya can have a definitive reason.....the "unknowns" will always have ya guessing....I know it is hard to lose em, but it is something we All face, sooner or later.....:fl:frow

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Always remember....even the most knowledgeable and experienced owners lose animals....sometimes there isn't anything that ya did or didn't do, things just happen and it is unfortunate....it is the experience and knowledge gained from the "hard and difficult situations" that make all of us better keepers.....:hugs.....I do hope that ya get some answers to it all, so ya can have a definitive reason.....the "unknowns" will always have ya guessing....I know it is hard to lose em, but it is something we All face, sooner or later.....:fl:frow
I can deal with loss if that’s what happens. It’s the lack of information that is making me crazy. I’m taking Dixie, Tipsy and Dash to UGA to have them seen today. I spoke with one of their vets last night. I expect testing to be expensive but not as expensive as loosing all our goats or as expensive as the emotional toll it’s taking on my husband and I. I’m such a proponent of organic that all this medicine that we’ve given without a diagnosis is just too much. I’m sure I may open a can of worms with that but if I can heal someone or something with natural measures that’s what I try. For example, I got MRSA in a spot that had a pre skin cancer. I went home researched cures aside from antibiotics and healed it. Does this always work definitely not but if I can go this route then hopefully the antibiotics will work when I really need them. My goats may need more meds and I’m okay with that if I can get some answers.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can deal with loss if that’s what happens. It’s the lack of information that is making me crazy. I’m taking Dixie, Tipsy and Dash to UGA to have them seen today. I spoke with one of their vets last night. I expect testing to be expensive but not as expensive as loosing all our goats or as expensive as the emotional toll it’s taking on my husband and I. I’m such a proponent of organic that all this medicine that we’ve given without a diagnosis is just too much. I’m sure I may open a can of worms with that but if I can heal someone or something with natural measures that’s what I try. For example, I got MRSA in a spot that had a pre skin cancer. I went home researched cures aside from antibiotics and healed it. Does this always work definitely not but if I can go this route then hopefully the antibiotics will work when I really need them. My goats may need more meds and I’m okay with that if I can get some answers.
Be safe in your travels today and find the answers you are seeking....wishing you a good vet visit with positive answers :fl

Last edited:

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey All,

We are settling in with everyone back home. Dash is growing like a weed. Dixie and Dolly seem fine. Tipsy seems to be gaining weight so hopefully she will deliver healthy kids in August. I've been working on getting my paperwork organized. I have more that I would have expected and decided that it needed more organization. I realized I never registered a Herd Name. I want something memorable. Here are a few ideas:

H&B's Funny Farm
the Funny Farm
(my hubby thinks he's a comedian)
Hoffman Estates (which is a stretch)
Feathers and Fur

Any other ideas welcome...

Latest posts