bethh Life on the Funny Farm

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a very serious question. I know goats are herd animals and can’t be singles but can a doodle make up the herd?
6D60A7F8-20EC-4707-8878-333C326D4C1E.jpeg
D96A1450-DA11-4202-A1D5-FF80FB00A0C4.jpeg

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey All,
When I find the time to open this up, I’m always shocked how long it’s been. We sold Squeakers. He went to a home with another little buckling almost the same age. I’ve been milking his mom since he left but am now slowing that down. We can’t consume her milk from the antibiotics back early summer. I saved some in the freezer for spring kids if needed. Plus I may practice cheese making so that by the time I have usable milk I’m not wasting it with mistakes. I have no idea how easy or hard cheese making is. The bucks are ready for breeding and the girls seems ready the only ones who don’t seem ready are the humans. I really want a great kidding season in the spring but am definitely a little guy shy after our first go around. One of the silkies that hatched in March is broody, I gave her 3 eggs. Hopefully all pullets hatch, lol. I have roosters galore. Well, it’s been a long weekend. I’m tired. Hope I get back on here sooner. Until I do, I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roosters make tasty meals for the family, just sayin' :drool
I'm just not there. I'd eat them but not so sure about the processing. Hubby is flat out, NO WAY! I'd pay someone to do it for me but can't seem to find anyone. All my newest silkies (hatched in March) have decided that they should go broody. :barnie The last one hatched 3 cuties. Hopefully they sell otherwise I'll raise them and sell them as adults, more money but more work. 2 more are broody. If they don't snap out of it, I guess I'll cave and give them eggs. Feathers, feathers everywhere. I posted a concern please look it up and see if you can offer any advice. It's titled Lunatic Buck Behavior Advice Needed. Thanks so much!
FB8B970E-BF02-44CE-90F9-523B564E6BCA.jpeg
AE9C82DF-3E2C-4137-A9D3-1A4DCF3F2059.jpeg