~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
SmallFarmGirl,
Don't feel silly. Your doe is who should feel silly! :lol: :hugs I would defintaly reccomend a biotracking test for Betty Bop. That way you will know for sure if you should be expecting kids or not. :hugs I can only imagine how you feel getting your hopes up for kids only to be told by us that she is not pregnant.
Take Care Now. :hugs
Thanks ya'll! :hugs I'm going to wait and see. :hugs

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
daisychick said:
Do you think you will get a pregnancy test taken on Betty?
hmmm... I don't want to stress her out and bring her to the vet. I'm just going to wait....

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
Could you get the vet to come to you to check Betty out?
No she does not travel. She said,"I'll be glad to give the shots but, you got to bring them to me."
She's very nice but, she won't come to me....

marlowmanor

Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
marlowmanor said:
Could you get the vet to come to you to check Betty out?
No she does not travel. She said,"I'll be glad to give the shots but, you got to bring them to me."
She's very nice but, she won't come to me....
Sounds like you need to find another vet option then. If you ever had an emergency you would be up crap creek. I would prefer a vet that would make farm visits. Vermillionfarms(I think that was the name) is in the same state you are in, maybe they can give you a vet recommmendation.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Your stronger than I am then, there is no way I could just wait and see! I like knowing when/if a doe is due! I've got a while before I'll have does ready to have babies though!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No reason to feel silly, the week before Elsie went into the kidding pen, I had Brandy in there, expecting to have babies any day. She was fat, even had discharge that looked like a plug. She apparently was in heat and was never bred. It happens to all of us, it is how we learn.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What date did you get them from the breeder?? Wasn't it in early December sometime? I am asking because you could take that date and add 145 to 155 days from that date and that would be the latest date she could kid. And then of course anytime from now until then could be a "possible due date" for her too. So you almost have a 3 month window of possible due dates, if it was early December when you got them.

Latest posts