Big Fluffy Dog, Llama, Donkey or Technology?

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Your border collie looks an awful lot like a blue merle australian sheperd.
Ditto
A good herding dog is never allowed unsupervised access to sheep. Nor does the shepherd allow the dog to approach the sheep without a specific command. The good herding dog should remain at heel or in a down stay until a specific command by the shepherd has been given.
Amen, although I have always let my heelers run.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH says "retirement" means you are tired again from all your new hobbies! Looks like that is where you are. :hugs

:fl Good luck on all your activities! Post pix when DW gets them taken. Before and after when possible!

Legamin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ditto

Amen, although I have always let my heelers run.
DH says "retirement" means you are tired again from all your new hobbies! Looks like that is where you are. :hugs

:fl Good luck on all your activities! Post pix when DW gets them taken. Before and after when possible!
I keep telling myself we’ll travel when we ‘really retire’…but I’ve spent my life traveling on 4 continents and many countries that go by different names now. I think I just want to work until nothing works anymore! I’ve got the silly notion that when I add the property next door that the farm once again has income harvest above and beyond what the working sheep farm needs for pasture and Winter feed. This means a new revenue stream and property values are soaring right now os it might just boost what I can do with the Tennessee farm. I see this as a three to four year spin off if I can get thee timing right. And there are many farms available in the area of Tenn that I’m looking at. The one I have my sights on now would just tick every box and be something of a dream spot. Always working for a goal and planning for improvement and best value when I sell.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should definitely take a trip to visit DD in Houston this year. Then take another road trip with DW to check out the area in Tennessee that you are thinking about. Always need to see the area in person. Also remember when buying that at our ages (in the prime of life) we need to remember such things as good medical and hospital care within easy reach.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
From Tennessee to Houston is not a short trip. Closer than you are now, but still far away. Go to Tennessee to look around, then drive to Houston. You'll see what I mean.