BioPRYN Pregnancy Testing

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I bought a "bred" Southdown ewe in November, but I have my doubts that she's bred. She hadn't been sheared the previous spring, so she was so awfully wooly and the wool near her hind end was pretty rank, so I was doubtful the ram could even get past it to breed her. I used a preg checker (posted in another thread) and did not get a pregnancy signal from her. Either she's not bred, or she's not far enough along to pick up a signal.

Theoretically, if she was bred the day before I picked her up (which would be November 7, she could possibly only be about 60 days bred. The preg checker I used works best between 75-90 days bred.

Just a few days before Christmas, I *thought* she might be in heat because I noticed a little clear discharge from her vulva, and her vulva was slightly pinker than usual, or so I thought. I loaded her up and took her down the road to my coworker's house, who currently has a ram in with her ewes. I put the two of them together, but neither seemed particularly interested in anything, so I brought her back home.

I'm so tired of guessing, I just need to know so I can still have her bred hopefully. I found this company's website and think I'll go ahead and send in a sample. Each preg test is only $7.50, and I only have to pay shipping. Blood samples can be send priority mail and don't have to be packaged on ice! So, if any of you out there might want a preg test done, this is a good option!!

Actually, I'm waiting on a call back from my vet to see if they can do one, if not, I'm sending one to this company. :)

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Ok, I drew blood today and sent in the sample. Cross your fingers for me. :fl

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Poop! Maybe I'll do the tests, too, before I dry off my doe....

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
So I caught Darla in heat and took her to the neighbor's house to visit her ram. Just got the results back in. She's bred!!:celebrate

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Yay! I used BioPRYN, too, and two out of my three are bred. Whoopee!

Latest posts