1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Blending With Alpaca

Discussion in 'Fibers' started by curious alpaca4, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Mar 1, 2018
    curious alpaca4

curious alpaca4 Chillin' with the herd

I have 2 alpacas and I want to spin their fiber. I have heard it stretches and should therefore be blended with another fiber. What would be a good fiber to compliment my alpaca?

2. Mar 1, 2018
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I don't have alpacas or wool sheep, but we went to a fiber show and there were many people with alpacas. They used straight alpaca wool for the softest, lightest garments I ever saw. Beautiful stuff. Maybe make a small article to start with to get used to your alpaca wool?

3. Mar 1, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

@luvmypets has alpacas and sheep & is a spinner... Maybe she might know? I don't follow the wool/spinners so don't really know who to tag, sorry... :(