BlessedWithGoats Journal: Happy Birthday Gia!

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I might sound a little confusing on my posts... I say that my does are expecting kids for the first time, but yet I've milked a goat... I'll explain. :)
I got my first two goats (both of my does) in June 2014. That same month, my Dad got a doe (sister to Latte) that was in milk. (Terminology??) I learned how to milk on her and two other goats (my friend, who we bought them from) had, and then we brought her home. I was the one who milked her most of the time throughout the Summer and Fall. :) My friend didn't breed my girls, as they were on the smaller side, and she didn't want them to have problems because the babies were too large. Hence why I was looking for a Nigerian Dwarf or smaller-sized buck, and ended up getting Bergie (Bergamot). :) So my does are FF's this year, and it's also a first for me! :) (My rabbit had a litter of kits this year, which was also a first for both of us!) :D

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congrats - both on the buns and the goats. What breeds are your does? Just mixes?

What breed on the rabbits? They were very cute :)

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! One is a Alpine/Saanen/Nubian (Latte), and the other is a Alpine/Saanen (Cookie). :D
The rabbits are mixed breeds too, but I think they have part Flemish Giant. :)

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't yet introduced my rabbits to y'all! How unthoughtful of me! :)
Here's a picture of my buck, Benny. :)
059.JPG

My doe, Violet, looks similar to him, except she's got lavender-gray markings... picture coming soon!
EDIT: Here's a pic of Violet! :)
224.JPG

My 8 week old doe Sweetheart... daughter of Benny and Violet. :) Picture of her coming soon too hopefully!
EDIT:
234.JPG

Last edited:

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice... remember how you told me I'd have to change my name to BlessedWithGoatsandMoreGoatsandMoreGoats? Well, I'm on my way there! :D I got another dairy goat doe yesterday! :)
Basil is a one year old Alpine/Nubian/Saanen mix! :) She's brown with white markings, and a black dorsal stripe. :) I have to get some pictures so y'all can see her! :)
~BWG