BlessedWithGoats Journal: Happy Birthday Gia!

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, CL has changed my plans, lol.

I am waiting to get the results back for Latte and Carmella before deciding what we will do with them. I'd started using boards for the new house from the old does house, and then found out the doe in that pen has CL, and possibly the other two that were in there with her. @Southern by choice I originally told you I took the boards from the nearby pen; then realized later some of them had actually come from that pen. :( Going to post an update on the CL thread I started, too. So, I may not end up putting the new doelings in the new house after all.

Eliza and Josie are a blessing, and Josie especially is such a sweetheart. She loves affection. I love goats like that.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
This afternoon I checked the goat's eyelid color, and ran a few fecals. I'm thankful I didn't find hardly any parasites on the fecals... I am not an expert, and am still gaining experience doing them, but I think there were only a few eggs each. @Southern by choice
I am not sure if they are barberpole or not...

Eyelid color was not great, ranging from light pink to medium-light pink. I have been giving them Vitamin A D E and B12 paste from Kaeco, but was gone for a week so it was about a week ago that I gave it to them last. I gave them some tonight.

Three more months until Josie is due! Hoping for some doelings to retain. :)

I am still unsure on what to do with the new goat house we were making. I had taken some pressboard from the old goat pen where the CL+ goats were before realizing they had CL. I don't know if they had rubbed against those boards and contaminated them, and I was using them on the new house (and not worrying about spreading CL, not knowing they had it, so didn't worry about contaminating other things). I did spray the boards with bleach water this Summer/Fall, but is that sufficient? Would it be likely the ground got contaminated? Josie and Eliza can't stay where they are indefinitely, and especially if Josie has doeling(s). What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry you're dealing with this. I think if you sprayed them down with bleach last fall, I'd do so again, just to be sure, and then I'd feel safe using them. That's just me... Having never dealt with the issue, I don't know. You know I follow your thread, so I'll look forward to happy updates over time.

Latest posts