Bloat Vs Full Rumen?

BMHky12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We have four new ND kids and we are new to goats. Their bellies seem super tight and are sticking out big time, at least more than I’ve ever seen since having them (about 3 weeks now) they are about 2.5 months old. They are eating grass hay and are in small pasture/ big pen. We have free feed baking soda and loose minerals as well and they don’t really act weird I’m just kinda worried about the size of their stomachs. Since I don’t have any experience to compare to I just need some advice so I don’t freak and over worry, am I being dramatic or is there cause for concern?

WildersMilkMaid

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have four new ND kids and we are new to goats. Their bellies seem super tight and are sticking out big time, at least more than I’ve ever seen since having them (about 3 weeks now) they are about 2.5 months old. They are eating grass hay and are in small pasture/ big pen. We have free feed baking soda and loose minerals as well and they don’t really act weird I’m just kinda worried about the size of their stomachs. Since I don’t have any experience to compare to I just need some advice so I don’t freak and over worry, am I being dramatic or is there cause for concern?
Sounds like healthy rumens to me.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My little goats get big bellys if out on grass for an hour. I put them away and they lay down to chew rumen and then they are okay. I also provide Baking soda every couple of days plus unlimited mineral block.