Boer breeders, I need some sanity please (Update with photo)

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Uh oh.. Looks like she's going downhill fast.

:gig :lol: :hide

I gotta say...I'm one of the funniest people I know. :p

chickenrunnin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Still no babies yet. She has lost her mucous plug over a week ago, her bag is by no mean big, but she has milk, her vulva is enlarged and she twitches it alot, some days she looks thin like she had the babies and then the next they are sideways again. I tell you what this waiting game is horrible. I purchased her pregnant from a friend who purchased her pregnant and the first owners said she was due last week of July first of August. Well that has come and gone. Her other doe was 3 weeks later than the date too. I am sure they were just off on dates.

I have been looking for all the signs you guys have told me to look for. She hangs her tail on the days she looks like she had them and I cant find the ligs, and others she has her tail up. Many times I think its time, because she is so restless and uncomfortable. She used to go to bed on her own when it got dark and now she is up all night long and keeps my other babies up. Sometimes it looks like she is having braxton hicks contractions too. I keep daily notes on how she is changing. I think she enjoys making me crazy. She doesnt even want me near her rear end checking on things anymore..lol. But this is killing me.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
chickenrunnin said:
I think she enjoys making me crazy.
Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the fact that you have goats in the first place is a sure sign that you already were crazy.... :D

chickenrunnin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thanks for the reminder...I totally forgot I already was. Its so nice to have friends in the "SAME" boat. :)

chickenrunnin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion, she is just not pregnant. 2.5 weeks ago, she lost her mucous plug and had a little milk. This last week she is thin in the loin as if the baby were to have moved into the birthing position, I cant feel the baby/ies and now she has no milk. She has had no discharge and seems a happy, healthy non pregnant goat. Was told her due date was last week of july first week of august. Her sister who was bred at the same time had hers 2.5 weeks late. I was sure that they were really off in her dates. Her body when I got her was huge sideways. However, when I look at her belly you can still see it move and it is always uneven when it moves. If I believe she is not pregnant, which I am pretty close to doing, maybe she will have them.

chickenrunnin

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here are pictures of Momma Goat only moments ago...
This is obviously today but she was due the last week of July/first week of August. I honestly believe they were off on dates.

761_09-20-09_1721.jpg

761_mommagoat.jpg

broke down ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
chickenrunnin said:
Still no babies yet. She has lost her mucous plug over a week ago, her bag is by no mean big, but she has milk, her vulva is enlarged and she twitches it alot, some days she looks thin like she had the babies and then the next they are sideways again. I tell you what this waiting game is horrible. I purchased her pregnant from a friend who purchased her pregnant and the first owners said she was due last week of July first of August. Well that has come and gone. Her other doe was 3 weeks later than the date too. I am sure they were just off on dates.

I have been looking for all the signs you guys have told me to look for. She hangs her tail on the days she looks like she had them and I cant find the ligs, and others she has her tail up. Many times I think its time, because she is so restless and uncomfortable. She used to go to bed on her own when it got dark and now she is up all night long and keeps my other babies up. Sometimes it looks like she is having braxton hicks contractions too. I keep daily notes on how she is changing. I think she enjoys making me crazy. She doesnt even want me near her rear end checking on things anymore..lol. But this is killing me.
Is it possible she really isn't pregnant and the discharge you were seeing along with her swollen-ness and nervousness was just her being in season?

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
She doesn't look anything near to being close. Maybe a month or 2 out, even, based on her udder. When is the last possible chance she could kid (ie 150 days from when you purchased)?