Bonbean - Sheep and chicken happenings

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Em...you've had chickens much longer than me...first time the insides came on the outside...is this a common thing or just a fluke? Another chick seemed to have no eyes...and I feared that again I had one with a problem...DH said let's just see if it is better by morning...this morning it is active like the rest and eyes open...only thing different from it is that it has bigger eyes than the rest...so...it is fine:)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
The sound of little peepers makes me smile. I can hear our bantam eggs chirping every so often today and keep looking for pips.

We had one that had a bit of goo last time on its tummy still and we just left it be. It seemed a little more sluggish than the others but perked up after a few days. Not sure why yours had its outside out but probably just a fluke thing.

So where's the picture of the little cuties? :pop

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
2114_100_2177.jpg

yes...one is green that I put food colouring on since that is from the RIR hen I kept with a game rooster and wanted to see what I got.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too funny Jodie...DH thinks for our small place that we many now have too many sheep...and more fencing in the future for rotatating more pastures :lol:

Also looks like more chicken coop building with my addiction to hatching chicks...I am hopeless :cool:

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well...haven't updated in my foul weather mood...heavy rains...then a break...now a very hard freeze last night and snow and more heavy rain in the forecast...my fruit trees had already bloomed...that's it for this year's fruit crop...no plum jam...no fig preserves... and I live in the deep south and this is mid March????

More when I am in a better mood...no one needs to read my weather rantings :duc

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It was 32 degrees yesterday morning and 25 this morning out at our place! The grass is greening up and peaking through the snow we keep getting! Kinda funny actually.

Bon...my bottle lamb (yes...another one) was doing his binkies in our bedroom last night and this morning. Made me smile and THINK OF YOU!!!

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
He was even MORE cute this AM...when he was "boinking" and trampling EVIL...who was sleeping on the floor! She was SOOOO mad at him...and he was having SOOO much fun!