Bottle Calf

rebelemtp

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It is not advisable to mix the electrolytes and milk in the same bottle. There is some contraindications on it... I never give both within an hour or 2 of each other. I cannot remember off the top of my head the "why",,,, it will come to me eventually. I would put her on full milk this evening and if no scours in the morning, leave it that way... It seems to me without doing some looking up that the electrolytes interferes with the milk clotting so it is like the milk will "run right through them"... I just know that you just don't mix them... I used to do it until I started having some problems then did some reading up and realized I was actually making the problems worse.

I am glad she is doing better, I think it was just an upset and nothing too serious.
Ok. Well I was just following the directions on the back of the electrolytes bag. But I sure can stop. I was thinking that it would water down the milk and that the milk already wasn’t like she could have with mom’s but it’s my only option. Thanks again!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Interesting that the electrolyte bag said to mix.... maybe a different type of electrolytes??? Hey, if it works, I wouldn't change it....but I think that putting her back on the milk ought to work okay...

Latest posts