Bottle feeding mini Nubian kids

DogIsMyShepherd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi I’m looking for some opinions and wisdom on the amount of feeding my bottle baby mini nubians boys.They were born Wednesday March 11. So they are about 2 1/2 weeks old. They were eating 8 ounces 4 times a day. Today I bumped them up to 9 ounces 4 times a day. I introduced hay 5 days ago and they nibble on that. They drink water a few times a day( have access to it all the time). And I have a bag of coop 16% goat ration I would like to start feeding. I have read a lot about the goat ration and know that it can cause a lot of health problems if fed too much, so they will only be getting a small amount per day. They will be wethered once they are 8 weeks old. I’m just wondering how much do people usually feed their mini Nubian kids? I’m currently keeping them inside in an xpen. I know that’s not ideal but due to some health issues my dads having I’m staying with my parents, and my goat baby barn is at my house. So the goats are inside for now. Does 9 ounces 4 times a day sound ok for 2 1/2 weeks?

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How much do each of them weigh? For a mini nubian I would be expecting them to be eating more than 8 or 9 ounces each feeding. They may nibble hay at that age, but they do not really start eating hay at that age. My 5 day old ND is nibbling at hay, but not eating it. As far as grain, I do not give grain to my bucks/wethers. I make sure they have mineral.