Bottle Feeding

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well I seem to have mastered the art of getting food into him.

I make the bottle mix slightly weaker and he drinks it no problem.

The rest of the milk replacer, I mix with his grain, the only thing is, he won't eat it by himself, I spoon feed him.

With regard to milk replacer versus whole cows milk, I have read quite alot about which is said to be best, there are so many differing opinions.
He doesn't seem to be taking any harm and is quite sprightly and happy and browsing around.

So for the moment I think I will stick to the milk replacer, but I am listening to all advice, I am new to this and take all advice on board.

At this moment in time I feel like I am on "goat overload":D

But thanks for all and any advice, keep it coming, all advice is welcome.

warthog

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My little boy is now weaned, he is eating his food really well and no complaints from him since his last bottle yesterday.:D

So I would just like to say thanks for all your advice, and to say that I have learned a lot regarding bottle feeding, if I ever need to do it again.

I hope I won't because I would like to keep all my kids with their mums until they are weaned.

Many thanks.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
warthog said:
So I would just like to say thanks for all your advice, and to say that I have learned a lot regarding bottle feeding, if I ever need to do it again.
If you keep goats long enough, you will..and by "long enough," I mean, not very long at all.

:gig

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I also wouldn't go from mamas milk to replacer--and from mama to bottle = extra stress, changing feed and milk may lead to many tummy troubles and that can lead to overall trouble--that is what I have found. I leave my keepers on bottles until they wean themselves--which is about 4 months, give or take--have had a couple that would still take a bottle close to 5 monhts--but only goats milk :). JMO

Latest posts