Boy am I new to this!

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! I am a backyard chicken fan and found this link to backyard cows! I am in the process of relocating my family and chickens to a new property which butts up to a cow farm! It was the deciding factor when buying the house. When I look out at them it made me so happy. They are beautiful. I love them but know absolutely nothing! :lol: I am here to learn all I can. I will post pictures as soon as I move in. All I know is they are all white and I just love looking at them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:welcome

In my sig. there is a link to the "Index of useful info" That maybe a good place for you to start with your learning.

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you for the link! I will be sure to check it out.

Updated: Farmer Kitty I really like your breed page. From what I can see the cows I will be living next to are Charolais. Are they nice?

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the cows behind our new home. I believe they are Charolais. Am I right? Also, looks like a miniature donkey in there too.

cowscrop2.jpg

cowcrop.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
yes those are char cows.an your right thats a mini donkey.
Agreed!
I have never dealt with a charolais so, I have no clue on their disposition.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
charlois are *beefers*. The main thing to remember is to NEVER get between a beef cow and food. It just isn't wise. ;)

Biddieacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The people who live there now said the cows always come up to the fence and she feeds them. I think I will stay away from doing that. Plus not sure the farmer would appreciate that or not.