Boy or girl? Is there an easy way to tell?

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think one of my felmale rabbits may be a boy. She/it is a lionhead and just turning one.

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Put a TV remote control in the hutch. If it is strongly attracted to it, it's likely a male. Or---take it out in the country and get it thouroughly lost. If it stops and asks directions, it's a female.

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
Put a TV remote control in the hutch. If it is strongly attracted to it, it's likely a male. Or---take it out in the country and get it thouroughly lost. If it stops and asks directions, it's a female.
:lol: Or maybe but it in the bathroom and see if the toilet lid gets left open! :lol:

miron28

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
jhm47 said:
:lol: Or maybe but it in the bathroom and see if the toilet lid gets left open! :lol:
:lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig

rebelcowboysnb

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
miron28 said:
big brown horse said:
jhm47 said:
:lol: :gig :lol: :gig :lol: :gig
Sure.....

How about stick it behind the wheel of a 5 speed, if it starts to hyperventilate it female.

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The link Waynesgarden provided should help you find out for sure.

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the link Waynesgarden, that really helped me. She is a she, just a really "active" she with the other she. :hu

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's a dominance thingy, BBH. They may even hurt each other if they are in heat. I've seen one doe rip another's ear open in an altercation. And that was only during a transport time from a seller to our house, before we could get them into separate cages.

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh yeah, if she is in with another doe and is "ridding" her, that means it is time for separate cages!!