Breakfast, lunch, and dinner

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Tuesday I am officially out of the pigs business, at least until next spring. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner have a date at the slaughterhouse and I can hardly wait to to see how deliciously they have turned out. I bought them this spring as feeder pigs from a friend of mine. They are a duroc sow and a hampshire boar cross. This cross gives us a very lean meat, they are raised on pasture with added feed ration....I never use dewormers or antibiotics, and the feed is basically an open pollinated corn variety...Essentially organic in a broad sense, maybe more correctly, Responsibly fed and cared for...By Me for Us...Yeah the boy named them...I told him not to become too attached...I don't think he is but we will find out.....first picture is the day we picked them up from the farm at about 25#.....
490_0411001726_0001.jpg

the second is today...200#,270#,240#, gilt, barrow, gilt respectively

490_003.jpg

All 3 are going to the slaughterhouse, the smallest one has been sold. So I will have the 2 bigger creatures staying in my freezer for awhile...Anyone need some Pork?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
They sure look like nice healthy pigs. Too bad I don't live closer. Can't bring myself to raise pigs and some home grown pork in the freezer would be nice. Enjoy! :D

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are getting piglets this spring. We are gonna give it a try. I dont think I wanna raise em full time? We'll see how it goes..should be an adventure?? Never raised em before?? They look healthy and happy!!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
*drools*

I can already taste it....You ARE going to sell me some, right???

:eyes

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
...I thought I would just give you some...because my freezers will be overloaded anyway...as soon as I make the next cross-state trek