Bred Heifer?

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
@cjc :D :D See? That's what I figured, he just had that glint in his eye; he was just waiting for the chance to catch his breath before he goes peeling off on his mom with his little tail in the air. ;)

Reactions: cjc

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Goatgirl47 I sure hope he wont be a bottle baby! His dam has turned out to be a fantastic mother. He is nursing well and is very spunky. We thought we would likely sell our heifer with her calf as a pair but after seeing her with her calf I think we have changed our mind. She is a funny cow and does most things on her own, is always seen grazing away from the herd and was always spooky. In the past few months she has really come around, she gladly eats grain out of our hands now and she allow us to check on her calf without any aggression towards us, she just watches us.

I bought her from a guy up in the mountains. His cows are always spooky because they don't see people often. I paid $500 for her when she was 14 months old. Just over a year later she has turned out to be a good cow for our small farm. :love