Breed Pages ~ All Livestock ~ Member Assistance Needed

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Building Breed Pages for All Livestock

There are a lot of new members and existing members who are looking for information on what breed to choose of a specific type of livestock. It would be great if we could refer them to our breed pages for goats, sheep, cattle, pigs, horses, donkeys, llama / alpaca and rabbits...but right now we don't have those breed pages.

We need your help building breed pages for all livestock categories. We need volunteers to build breed pages for the animals that you are passionate about. We're not asking you to post links to outside websites - what we're asking is that you build a page about a breed that you are passionate about.

We need help with the following livestock (link will direct you to breed index):
goat.gif

Goats

sheep.gif

Sheep

pig.gif

Pigs

cow.gif

Cattle

horse.gif

Horses

donkey.gif

Donkeys

bunny.gif

Rabbits

llama.gif

Llama / Alpaca

boxer.gif

Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGD)

So, if you would like to help we ask that you volunteer to build a breed page.

How to volunteer / What to do:

1) Choose a breed from the breed index and PM a moderator to let us know which livestock type and what breed you would like to do a page for (example: Goat - Nigerian Dwarf)

2) Wait for us to PM you back and give you the green light or we'll ask you to pick a different breed if someone is already working on what you requested.

3) Once you're given the green light for a breed, you'll create a breed page.
To create a page
Click My Page from the top forum option bar
Title it the name of the breed you are writing about (Example: ND Goat)
The space allowed for a title is limited but when you create your page you need to start at the top with the Full name of the breed.
Note: It will only let you title the page if you are creating a second page
So if this is your first page then do a quick bio or something so that you
can do a breed page with a title next
Fill it out carefully
Then submit the link using this form.

Important Information About Creating Breed Page:
*On your personal page you need to include a lot of good information.
*Pictures of the Male, Female, and young if possible. If the pictures are not yours then you need to obtain permission to use them.
*Detailed information on the Breed history.
*What they are renowned for how well they produce, etc.
*List all the varieties of the breed.
*Please share your personal experience as well.
*Your page must be free of copyrighted material.
*Spell check and grammar check your page.

Please make sure that you PM a moderator and wait for a go ahead (green light) prior to building a page.

Notice: Please do not post links to outside websites to this thread. If you do they will be deleted. We are looking for volunteers to build breed pages only, not outside links.

Copyright Notice:
Regarding copyright: "Copyright protects the particular way authors have expressed themselves. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in a work." http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html - You can research and gather facts from other sources, but please don't break copyright of information or images.
Have information but no pictures? Get them from BYH members (of course asking them for permission).

Adding Images to the My Page image uploader - do not use the "browse" option on the My Page uploader instead copy and paste the image url. Follow bolded instructions below to do this.

2 ways to do this:

How To Post Pictures Using Our BYH Image Hosting tool:

1) Click on the "Uploads" link at the top of the page
2) Click "Browse" to find the image on your computer

3) Upload the image to the server and then you'll be presented with the image code to paste into your post here on the forum
4) Upload the image to the server and then you'll be presented with the url code to paste into the My Page image uploader

How To Post Pictures From Photobucket:

1) Login to your account
2) Copy the "IMG CODE" (as seen in the 3rd option in the image below).
3) Paste the code as-is into your forum post. You do NOT need to use the Img tags as they are
already included from Photobucket.
To use Photobucket to add pictures to the My Page Image uploader
4) Copy and paste the URL CODE into the My Page image uploader

Important Note regarding the Picture loader for My Page:
1) The image loader does not record data from images, it only links to them.
2) In order for a pic to show up, you must provide a URL link to the pic in the image URL box.
3) Then the page will automatically load the image from that URL as the page loads.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
NOTE: Change in the way you will submit your page. Please use this form to submit your breed page when complete.

Breed Page Submission Form

IF you know of a breed not on the list that you would like to create a page, please let us know and we will add it.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I see the Kangal is in bold, so its already being developed? This is my favorite breed in which I do use one, "Suafu" is his name.