Breeding 2018- Finishing up breeding!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Mike CHS - we truly love our herd. They bring so much joy, happiness... the milk is a bonus. LOL
Thanks @Bayleaf Meadows Bootsie is my baby girl... she is a tiny dwarf!

Lemon is my sweetheart though! She is pretty special- she is the one that I went back out after Lucy had twins... I just knew- there is another... I gloved up went in and there was Lemon- head turned back. Repositioned her and Lucy delivered her no problem. Special lil girl to me. @Goat Whisperer got a video- you can't see anything because it was dark out but it is the sound that we keep trying to get!. Lemon is very communicative. It is adorable. I get a real kick out her and her sounds. Always makes me smile.
Lucy and Lemon are the only Nigerians I own... GW owns all the rest. Oops, I own Katie too. Love that girl.

I'll have to upload the video. Lemon's lil voice is just too much!

When I see Leah this big already I do get a bit worried. :hide

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh! :barnie:barnie:barnie

The plan was that this would go in the mini mancha breeding thread because Prynne was supposed to be bred by Monopoly (f-2 50/50) for f-1 75/25.

But noooooooooooooooooo ... Prynne put up a fight and I mean she was terrible. Monopoly was trying to flirt and woo her... forever... then when he just about gets it together and he moved from the "elevated" spot we had him on and it was a no go.... from there I guess he thought he was suppose to mate her head. :\

That's it... Prynne got her way.

She was bred to Charlie. She loves Charlie. Woos him through the fence... she only has eyes for him.
Brought him in and there she stood. Done.
She will be due 4/30

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
funny how she had other ideas :hugs
Yeah, I'm mad at myself. I should not have changed Charlotte/henry breeding to Charlotte/Charlie
Now I won't get my 75/25's that I really needed. This breeding would have given me all gopher eared kids which I planned on retaining to breed back to 50/50 kids.
I don't breed for ears but the genetics and confirmation on the Henry Charlotte would have made spectacular minis.
Oh well.
So now with not having Prynne /Monopoly I lose a whole group of minis I needed. :/ Actually two groups. :(

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It may have not turned out exactly as ya wished or wanted, but depending on the kidding ya may gain in some areas ya are looking to improve on.....and a few more of those "Tough Decisions" of course....but, not a total waste. I sure hope it all goes well thru all of the kidding and some pleasent Surprises present themselves...that ya didn't see coming....:fl :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
It may have not turned out exactly as ya wished or wanted, but depending on the kidding ya may gain in some areas ya are looking to improve on.....and a few more of those "Tough Decisions" of course....but, not a total waste. I sure hope it all goes well thru all of the kidding and some pleasent Surprises present themselves...that ya didn't see coming....:fl :)
I am sure they will be beautiful goats ... and maybe it is good because I am retaining minis but I will not be retaining much out of the FF lamanchas. She is just young and I normally don't breed lamanchas in their first year but she has to be bred.
That is why I wanted her for minis, easier for a FF on a young goat.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finishing up (almost) the last of the does.

We decided to go ahead and breed Trouble (mini-mancha) since it looks like I may need to wait on the 3 does born last year. They were April kids and all 3 were from triplets group. I think they need more time. Maybe next month if they cycle.

So- Trouble X Henry
I'll talk more about that in my mini's thread.
But it was a repeat from year before last. Dumb dumb me sold all the kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then- Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! Because of Aug kidding on Clover and Carolina Girl we wanted to wait... Lemon and Peanut (Red Hot) are big enough and old enough so they will be FF!
We are giving each of the 3 bucks their own does.
Lil Joe is quite proven, we know what he does
Isaac has no does that have freshened yet but kids he has produced are beautiful- we wait on udders
Seth is out of Lucy x Isaac (Lemon's Brother) we wanted to give him some does too... we really like him

Clover X Seth (Seth as a baby and progresses through now)
Wings & Caprines SunnyDay Clover GCH Earned dry leg-NRV Show (6).JPG Wings & Caprines IL Seth  14 weeks (1).JPG Wings & Caprines IL Seth  14 weeks (4).JPG Wings & Caprines IL Seth.JPG

Carolina Girl X Seth
Rowan County fair 1 (66).jpg

Lucy X Lil Joe
050.JPG Wings & Caprines Lemon Lil Joe breeding.JPG Nice having a mature buck that is well within the height standard!

Red Hot (Peanut) X Lil Joe This should happen in the next day or two! :)

Wings & Caprines Red Hot (Peanut) NRV Show RGCH.JPG

Isaac bred Lucy, Boots and Jane ( for minis) He was used over Foxy but she isn't taking. :rolleyes:
One Fine Acre FR Isaac .JPG