Bridgemoof--Sheep & Wool festival

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh yeah FourWinds, I haven't had to mow the lawn anywhere this year yet! I love mowing on my riding mower though. It's one of my favorite farm chores. But my sheep do such a good job, too! They've also eaten the bottom of the lilac trees, the rose bush, and pulled my geraniums out of the pots. Oops!

Here's my latest yarn I spun. Shetland and Romney. Ohh so pretty!

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks Stitch!

It's my Kromski Sonata. I like it because I can fold it up and take it with me to my spinner's guild meetings. :)

I took 12 bags of wool to the mill yesterday. I'm going ot be getting back some PRETTY things in about 4 months. 3-ply multi colored yarn, roving, rug yarn and picked locks. I'm really excited! :clap

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I sooooo need to find a mill that I can do that with some of my wool!!! I have never yet experimented with the wool aspect of my sheep yet! :thumbsup

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh hi guys! Thanks for thinking of me. :D

I've been busy as usual, but even more so trying to get some woolie stuff done for the Art Studio Tour this weekend. My spinners and weavers guild is having a showing and sale as part of it. I made a felted hen and two cool Santas! I'm going to go over there this afternoon and then tomorrow go and spin all day there.

As for the animals, everybody is doing okay! My 13 turkeys that we hatched in the incubator are all getting big and so far no illnesses, whew! Been having the usual goat sale/shuffle around here but the sheep are status quo. Had 5 baby goats born in the past couple of weeks. My Shetland Pepper is due TODAY, but I could be wrong on the date. We'll just have to see what happens.

And also, BIGGEST news is we got an LGD, a Great Pyrennese named Peach. She's older and oh so mellow around all the animals. She's so great! Hopefully we won't have any more foxes getting our chickens.

Here's some pics from what's been going on:
Turkeys ON TOP of their turkey tunnel

Baby Kiko/boers

Harry Brown's babies

Harry Beige's baby

Working with Cormo wool, ahhhh

Dyed woolies

Felted soaps

LGD Peach

Close up of a Santa

Henny Penny

My corner at the show today, felted items and handspun yarn

Hope that gives you a little bit of an idea what I've been up to!

:frow