Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably felt at @Ridgetop's, likely at @ragdollcatlady's as well. I don't think there were any nearly that big while I lived just south of L.A. the first 23 years of my life. Dad and older sister live 120ish miles south so they probably felt it too but likely not much magnitude.

Hope all is OK for our friends and families.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably felt at @Ridgetop's, likely at @ragdollcatlady's as well. I don't think there were any nearly that big while I lived just south of L.A. the first 23 years of my life. Dad and older sister live 120ish miles south so they probably felt it too but likely not much magnitude.

Hope all is OK for our friends and families.
News is saying they are expecting another shortly, they have been getting the aftershocks....
Sure hope everyone is o.k., glad your family is some distance away....they said it was more than 5 miles into the earth....:ep yikes!!!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
You saying I should pee in the bed rather than getting up and walking to the bathroom? Outside is only 15' for those boys, the current location of their pile is about twice that.
Whatever makes you happy @Bruce . If you want to pee in bed rather than getting up to go, then pee in bed. It's your bed. :plbb

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whatever makes you happy @Bruce . If you want to pee in bed rather than getting up to go, then pee in bed. It's your bed. :plbb
Well since it is also DW's bed, I guess I better get up if I need to. Stupid alpacas pooped in their area again last night. They do it RIGHT under the wall hay feeders. Now if one was going to poop in their living space, wouldn't it be more wise to do it other than right where you eat?

That's very nice of y'all but really, you don't have to share this time. ;)
I think they really want to so they did. Supposed to be 90° today, too hot for us!
Only 2 littles up with Anais last night but there was one on the plywood that covers the end of the brooder area straight below and 2 in the opening to the nest box.

The Barn swallow fledged sometime between 8 PM last night and 8 AM this morning. The three of them were on a wire in the barn, Mom and Dad kept coming in and getting all worked up that I was there doing chores. If it works similarly to last year, the littles will hang around the barn for a couple of days. I don't see the dozens of fledged swallows on the telephone lines like I did last year. Maybe these are the first to fledge this year.