Bruce's Journal

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I have been watching a good number of tractor reviews on different YouTube channels and got to wondering how well you were liking your tractor.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today DD1, her BF visiting from Indiana and I went out and marked the rest of the south lot line. I don't recall if I mentioned it but I had surveyors come and start the process a month or so ago. They stopped when it was quitting time for the day which was fine. What was left was about 500' straight line from their last stake to the survey marker at the SW corner. DD wore her bright pink rain coat which turned out to be very helpful. She was placed at the 2nd to last stake, BF at the last stake and I ran a tape measure, trying for 100' (but that didn't always work out due to the terrain) to set the next stake when the tape, BF and DD1 were all in line. When I put a stake in DD1 took BF's stake, BF came to the new one and off I went again. Turned out pretty well, I was about 2' N of the corner marker (not realizing I had closed in on it) about 30' from the last stake I had put in (which was then moved about 2' to be inline with DD1 and the corner survey marker.

Additional fun, I cut up the 2 birches I had brought in from the edge of the woods 2 weeks ago. The Echo 590 Timber Wolf sure cuts through the wood fast.

I forgot to add, there are 4 barn swallow babies in the second nest. Never had a second round before and I assume it isn't the same parents or they would have used their existing nest instead of making a new one on the next joist over.

Last edited:

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. @Bruce, Mr. @Mike CHS, and others with big rocks,

I was looking for tractor attachments to cut down trees with and stumbled upon this YouTube video on removing big rocks. I had never seen or heard of such a thing. Let me know what you think:

Senile Texas Aggie

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had never seen or heard of such a thing. Let me know what you think:
Me either, looks pretty slick. Now all I need is a gas generator of sufficient size to run that drill! I've definitely got a few surface rocks that could be no problem for mowing if they were even just a few inches shorter.
Could you loan your DD1 and her BF for a while? ;)
That could be hard. BF is heading back to Indiana today and DD1 is going back to school Friday. Maybe you could find one more helper. Definitely works well with 3 people. You might want to get a GOOD compass. I was planning to follow the compass bearing but the cheap one I had couldn't find a heading for its life. And since it was trash day and they hadn't come yet, it paid for its inability with a trip to the dump later in the day.

Mr. @Bruce,
If you haven't seen episode #535 of Outdoors with the Morgans, you should watch it. It's pretty funny.
I have, I watch the YouTube channels I follow every night. It was funny. I'd seen the electric bike when Eva was riding it in a prior episode. Wondering why he was using it and the little electric chain saw to cut down a tree when he has so much better equipment. Then came the video with the "East coast sissy" comment and Mike returns with the "big guns". :lol::gig I don't think I could likely even use that MS880, the thing is a monster.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mowed the fields again to keep the weeds down and HOPEFULLY allow the grass to take over a bit. I really should get a soil sample and find out what is needed for good grass growth and hopefully less weed growth. I also dug out 3 more icebergs and while mowing likely found a few more I might be able to dig out. Then there is the ledge which would take a lot more that any size excavator to get out.

:( saw a likely juvenile wood*uck out front of the barn in the metal pile yesterday. Given the time of year it was probably born somewhat nearby and kicked out to live on its own. Guess I should be happy I've not had others this year until now. Time to get the trap out but that will wait until we get back from Canada on the 7th. With DD2 and DW at work during the day & DD1 in Canada I won't have to be stealthy about catching and disposing of it. Sure don't want it living here through the winter to make more in the spring.